[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Raspberry Pi 2/3/4

Backup failed on osmc raspberry pi 4b with error backup failed to create tar , any way to fix it?

Hi Sam, thanks for your quick reply. I was already worried it was a fault on my side, but good to know this is intended. When you talk about hardcoded, I suppose you mean the following guide? https://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#TV_is_not_detected_unless_powered_on_first
I tried this out, but the problem still persists. If I have misunderstood and you meant something different, it would be great if you could give me a hint on what to try out.

Thank you and best regards

sebir

Hello, thanks for releasing the test builds, I’ve been wanting to upgrade my media pi from a 3B+ to a 4 for a while.
I’ve been testing a few things so far, like watching live TV through my TVHeadend server and streaming movies via NFS. These things have worked fine so far.

One thing I had on my old Pi though which I can’t get working is Retrosmc. I managed to make the plugin compatible on Matrix and compiled the necessary RetroPie packages. When I try and run it however it only displays the error “Couldn’t get V3D IDENT0: No such device”.
From what I could find on Google this might be related to OpenGL drivers, does anyone know more about this?

Logs demonstrating the issue and a bit of patience might work.

1 Like

With new update i have many saccade in my movie with RPi4 :frowning:

I’ve moved your post to the Pi related v19 testing thread.

Hi all,

I have a Samsung TV and a RPI 4 with a fresh install of the V19.
Unfortunately nothing is displayed on the screen.
I was able to add in the Config.txt :
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
and was able to start the installation and finish it.
Unfortunaly OSCM does not boot at the end.
I tried to create a config-user.txt and add : hdmi_force_hotplug=1

SSH is working

I can’t go further.

regards

edited :

Then provide logs please

Hello,

I can’t get logs

Blockquote

osmc@osmc:/boot$ grab-logs -A
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/grab-logs", line 40, in <module>
    from .osmc_language import LangRetriever
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '__main__.osmc_language'; '__main__' is not a package

edit: I m trying apt full-upgrade

i can get logs but OSMC is not displaying anything on my screen like the TV is not receiving HDMI signal

https://paste.osmc.tv/ofukusigux

Is there a recommended model for the RPi 4? Minimum / maximum RAM amount? I’m assuming the 4Gb will more than suffice but thought I’d check.

I think the kernel is 32bit so 4GB should be more than enough. At least the main process wouldn’t be able to allocate more than 4GB with PAE (unless arm has some special arm magic that i don’t know of).

The Pi4 kernel is 64-bit.

For general movie viewing, etc, 2 GB, which is what the Vero4K/+ has, should be enough.

1GB will be a bit tight with V4L2/M2M.

2GB will work adequately.

I don’t currently have osmc installed on my rpi4 but i think when i tested the beta, the packages where armhf (not arm64), getconf LONG_BIT returned 32 (bits) and file command returned 32bit elfs. I may be wrong, but in any case, more than 4G shouldn’t be needed. Unless running some Mysql shared library on it or something

You will never come close to using 4GB for media usage.

Kernel is Aarch64
Userland is armhf

Different video pipeline approach (with some tweaks) on 4K/4K+. User should never come close to even 1GB RAM usage. But the 2GB is provided for a marketing perspective… numbers sell…

1 Like

The 1GB model was effectively discontinued in early 2020 with the introduction of the 2GB model for the same price.

Have you been able to review the log file ?

in rasperry pi 4 the analog audio does not work

Check this thread

I tried but it doesn’t work ,thanks :slightly_smiling_face: