[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Raspberry Pi 2/3/4

Which one did you try?
Just dtparam=audio=on or also additionally dtoverlay=pisound?

this is my config-user.txt

gpu_mem_1024=256
gpu_mem_256=112
gpu_mem_512=144
sdtv_aspect=1
start_x=1

dtparam=audio=on
dtoverlay=pisound

And with that added after reboot you don’t see bcm2835 Headphones in settings → system → audio?

yes!! and now works!! thanks for all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello Sam and whole OSMC team.
At first - kudos to all of You, great work :slight_smile:

I have installed new Kodi on Rpi4 without any issues, then added movies library, which was scanned without problems. Videos are playing OK and overall performance looks way better than my old Rpi2 setup :slight_smile:
One thing I’ve noticed today, and this is why I’m writing - I don’t see “Emulators” menu in Addons->My Addons->Game Addons. Is this something related to new version of Kodi or OSMC itself?

1 Like

Would be great if you can test without dtoverlay=pisound reboot and check if it still works.

without dtoverlay=pisound not work, in any case the audio is not clean but a little crackling

Thanks for confirming, still wondering why for me it works but others not.

my osmc is buggy, clear parameters

Not sure if that was meant for, but I am not using MyOSMC

Tried yesterday the 19.1 version. UPnP Streaming is still buggy:
If I try to stream from SMB mountpoint, streaming starts immediately. If I try to stream same file via UPnP (Plex), it seems that Kodi start to download the complete file.

Furthermore, it is not possible to reach the command line with the known procedure (exit → esc).

Updated to 19.1 and it’s not working in my case. (it didn’t work with the previous fresh install)
I see the OSMC splash screen then a black screen… and I’ve read above posts about the issue)
Samsung TV says no HDMI signal.

Amazing work!

I’ve just clean-installed on my rPi 4B but I can’t get my HifiBerry DAC+ADC to work. I’ve updated fully via MyOSMC, and specified it as an overlay, but when I go to the Audio settings page post-reboot things hang for several seconds, then there are no output options available (the entry is greyed out).

I’ve done a lot of searching but can’t find anything about this.

Logs are available here: http://paste.osmc.tv/uqexiwokaw

Any help would be much appreciated!

My wifi isn’t working

I use the embuary skin, the newest beta, and a Pi 3B+

Are you sure that notification is from OSMC?

It’s not…

Then I’m not sure how we can help… Good luck

Try connecting to WiFi via My OSMC → Network.

Hey, I have installed fresh onto a Pi4 2GB, enabled iptv simple client and downloaded the official plex add-on.

• 4k output seems to work without forcing it in the config judging by my tvs input report
  • iptv was mostly fine apart from some weird bugs (video playback broke once until i pressed stop on the remote and reselected the tv channel
  • plex ui is VERY sluggish/laggy
  • 4k video playback using plex does not work at all and just buffers forever (the buffering tooltip disappears after a few seconds while the osmc loading animation never stops)

This is a very basic question, but I wanted to post it here because above it states that if running a stable version you can update by using My OSMC. But when I do that I get a message no updates available. My version of OSMC is November 2020 and Kodi 18.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3b+. I realize there are many problems with Kodi 19 but wanted to install it because of the Python security issues.