[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Raspberry Pi 2/3/4

You would need to add the repository as instructed above.

Python 2.x is still maintained and supported by Debian upstream. This includes security fixes.

From your use case, I’d say stay with stable.

I had the same problem with a RPi 4 fresh install and my Samsung TV. I noticed this just happens when I used specific Skins.

Don’t know which ones were working because I stopped testing OSMC on RPi 4 for the moment as it always became quite hot within minutes (even with a aluminium case), while my Odroid N2 handles Kodi with ease.

Hi, I’m trying last build on a RPi4 and i have a problem with my wireless headset. I have the Sony Gold Wireless headset with its USB dongle for connectivity.

I’ve used this headset without issue on the OSMC last build on the RPi1. I just plug in the dongle and change the audio output device to ALSA/Wireless Stereo Headset / Analog.

But when I try it on the RPi4 there is only audio on the left channel. I’ve tried the latest LE beta build for Rpi4 and it works fine too.

Any idea?

Thank you.

How did you mange to make it working ? Nothing is displayed on my TV screen.
I tried to connect the RPI4 to my PC monitor and nothing works… no signal after the splash screen.

In my case I had to make a fresh install whenever the chosen skin failed The standard skin was working well in my case.

Hello support team, any lead since I gave you the log ?

fresh logs since the update,

https://paste.osmc.tv/eyerabusot

Just shooting guesses here, based on the logfile.

Have you tried another HDMI cable, HDMI port on TV, TV, MiniHDMI port on Pi4 and last will your “current config(cable, port choices,TV)” work with another OS like Raspbian/PiOS?

EDIT: Ahh new log shows at least some kind of connection, which last didn’t.

Old:

state 0x120001 [TV is off]

New:
state 0x120009 [HDMI CEA (16) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

Out of ideas, don’t own a Pi4.

thanks for trying
I’ve force the HDMI and forced the resolution… otherwise the the splash screen was displayed in 640*480

Hello melat0nin,

I have the same problem and couldn’t get my HifiBerry to work, either. On my RPi 3b, the HifiBerry soundcard worked like a charm.

Can anyone provide help, please?

I don’t have any Hifiberry hardware that can run on a modern Pi

Perhaps they have a solution.

@ypsilonsrivijaya and @melat0nin I was able to get my hifiberry dac+

By just adding dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus in config-user.txt nothing else. After that choosing hifiberry under Settings - System - Audio.
You have to use hifiberry-dacplus instead of hifiberry-dacplus-overlay!

5 Likes

It works! You’re a star, thank you! Finally listening to my newly-ripped flacs through the glorious hifiberry – heaven :relieved:

1 Like

Dear @fzinken : thank you so much! It works and finally I can listen to my music without switching on my TV, again.

I’ve now been using rpbi4 for over a week, always updating to the latest version and so far so good. I’m using the OS on the SD card and also have a USB drive mounted through fstab (for some reason if I use the USB 3.0 ports it auto unmounts after a while, but works perfectly in 2.0 ports).

The only issue I’ve noticed is when playing some files. I’m pretty sure it varies from codec, filetype, and so on, but on some videos, the image “lags” a bit. The audio is always perfectly fine though.

What is the best way I can help with identifying this issue? Record the TV when it happens and provide the logs when it plays the video?

(Edit: I’m running some services in parallel but it’s the exact same setup I had with a rpbi3+. I checked the resources and in terms of memory usage, processing and temperature it was all okay, actually much better performance when comparing to my previous rpbi3+ as expected)

Yes

1 Like

Hi,

with the most recent update the issues with the MyOSMC App (see post #105 and #111) have been fixed for me :slight_smile: It does not crash anymore when trying to open it several times, TVHeadend and SMB Server is installed without any issue and also manual update check via the App works.
Thank you very much for fixing these issues!

The language issue (see post #111, second log) however still persists, after several restarts also the main menu turns into English.

I also still struggle when turning my TV on after the Pi boots (see post #138, #139 and #141), if anyone could give me a hint on how to EDID hardcode this, it would be great.

Thank you very much and best regards

sebir

Hi,

I’m having a hard time installing xpadneo on the current OSMC Raspberry Pi 4 build. I tried to get some help from the people of xpadneo. The issue is mentioned here:
https://github.com/atar-axis/xpadneo/issues/296

Basically the installation fails with the following message “make -j4 KERNELRELEASE=5.10.32-1-osmc -C /lib/modules/5.10.32-1-osmc/build M=/va r/lib/dkms/hid-xpadneo/v0.9-63-gf17a4e2/build/src VERSION=v0.9-63-gf17a4e2 modul es…(bad exit status: 2)
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 5.10.32-1-osmc (aarch64)”
The make.log mentions “gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mgeneral-regs-only’”

I tried installing with “sudo ARCH=arm ./install.sh”, which returned no error message during installation, but trying “lsmod | grep hid_xpadneo” does nothing and “sudo modprobe hid_xpadneo” displays the following error message: “ERROR: could not insert ‘hid_xpadneo’: Exec format error.”

I also tried “sudo ARCH=aarch64 ./install.sh” and “sudo ARCH=arm64 ./install.sh” unsuccessfully.

Best regards

Hanko

Fundamentally, the problem is you need to build a 64-bit kernel module in a 32-bit userspace.

If you want to build it natively on the Pi4 (or Vero4K, for that matter), you need to install the arm64 toolchain package, aarch64-toolchain-osmc.

You need to bind mount relevant directories to the toolchain, which will be installed to /opt/osmc-tc/aarch64-toolchain-osmc. Then run sudo chroot /opt/osmc-tc/aarch64-toolchain-osmc. If you need to download/install anything into the toolchain, remember to update (the toolchain’s) /etc/resolv.conf.

1 Like

Hi,
Widevine not working.

Before 31.05.2021 - ok
After 01.06.2021 - not working

InputStreamHelper - Latest version 0.5.5
Reinstall Widevine - nothing

2021-06-07 07:57:07.136 T:26099   FATAL <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] ['ldd', '/home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so'] cmd failed.
2021-06-07 07:57:07.136 T:26099   FATAL <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] Failed to check for missing Widevine libraries.
2021-06-07 07:57:07.140 T:26099 WARNING <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] InputStreamHelper version 0.5.5+matrix.1 is running for the first time
2021-06-07 07:57:07.800 T:680      INFO <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: plugin://plugin.video.hbogoeu/?url=PLAY&mode=5&cid=60c7bee1-f9f7-65d9-ed67-153ea36998f9
2021-06-07 07:57:07.802 T:26110    INFO <general>: Creating InputStream
2021-06-07 07:57:07.808 T:26110    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: SetVideoResolution (1920 x 1080)
2021-06-07 07:57:08.138 T:26110    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Successfully parsed manifest file. #Periods: 1, #Streams in first period: 5, Type: VOD, Download speed: 12599860.3308 Bytes/s
2021-06-07 07:57:08.140 T:26110   ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
2021-06-07 07:57:08.140 T:26110   ERROR <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed

Any solutions for now?

This is a known issue, but we don’t have a resolution until Debian Bullseye is released at the earliest.

You may be able to use an older Widevine version - although Google said they would deprecate it on 31.05, it still seems to be working.