[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Yep can confirm brightness is no longer affected and looks the same on all HDR videos.

Turning down the brightness more would be fantastic.

Could it be made identical to the way it is on the April 10th kernel from the fresh image in this post? That looks absolutely perfect on my tv.

The OSD is identical when watching SDR and HDR.

I think so. TBH I’m puzzled by this. We have to merge the OSD video with the video that’s playing. I expected the TV would compress the HDR video from the range of the master display to its native range. If we feed the OSD in at a fixed level (which we are doing now) I would expect it to be compressed more when playing a 4000nit mastered stream than when playing a 1000nit mastered stream. Doesn’t seem to be how it works, though.

Thanks for testing.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay

https://paste.osmc.tv/ubiheviyud

Updated this morning, no change. Logs > http://paste.osmc.tv/adoyuvafem

Thx.

Updated this morning, but unfortunately no change yet

https://paste.osmc.tv/alaqizanud

I upgraded my Vero 4K+ to use Kodi 19. I like using Estuary skin but I have some menus with Blank Items. Any idea how I can resolve this?

Sam said he’s fixed this. Did you upgrade just now?

Latest Widevine 4.10.2252.0 fails to load . There’s already a fix implemented for LibreElec:

If you are comfortable with the commandline, try:

cd /usr/share/kodi/addons/resource.language.en_gb
sudo mv strings-osmc.po resources/
sudo systemctl restart mediacenter
2 Likes

This worked for me.
Menu items are back.

I am using default skin. How do I get missing menu items back?

Same for all skins.

It’ll be fixed in the next build in a few hours.

Cheers

3 Likes

Would love to have it less bright as well, the subtitles are way to bright, changing the color doesn’t work it seems.
Light grey or grey, nothing changes, not even after a restart of kodi.

1 Like

Setting the color to dark grey does make them slightly better on my tv but i think because they are so bright to begin with changing the color is such a small difference.

Dark grey unfortunately looks quite bad on SDR files so i would change them back to a brighter color when watching SDR.

My display no longer works after upgrade to Kodi 19.
I am using a rather old iiYama E1902S with an HDMI to DVI converter socket as the dispaly for my Vero4k.
After upgrading to Kodi 19 using the instructions given at the top of the Testing thread.
I was able to run the upgrade but lost my video. The display would go into sleep mode with no signal and I could not get the on screen display (OSD) to show. (This is only accessible through buttons on the front of the display.)

At first I thought the upgrade had gone wrong but when I plugged device into my HDMI tv all was good and I had a good display.

I have tried all the options available in the graphics display settings but none work.

If I connect the analogue connection of the iiyama to my laptop at the same time as the vero4k I am able to bring up the OSD and make changes but the display shows the analogue picture not the Kodi screen. In this situation I can make changes using the OSD including preventing auto and changing display setting to digital but once done I lose control and the display goes to sleep.

I conclude that there is probably a timing issue with the display settings but have no idea what to adjust. I hope I can do something using my ssh connection but what do I edit?

I moved your post here, don’t open a new Thread for Testing related issues.
You can follow what I suggest in this threat

So I checked the logs you uploaded there.

Your display only reports

480p60hz
720p60hz

as resolutions So not sure if you converter is the problem. But you first need to get a proper EDID reported. If you say that worked before then I suggest install an old Image and then capture the correct EDID which you then can fix to be used.

Hi fzinken,
I am sorry I wrote too soon and have cross posted by starting a new thread. Please forgive me.

I am not sure where I can find a good and complete version of the EDID from the Vero.

However if I connect display from my laptop, the analogue works. Will the complete EDID info be available or will it be trimmed for analogue only? Where should I look in my laptop system if this is worth doing?

It would depend on your OS how to dump the EDID. I am not sure if you actually can use that one to import. I believe best is to make a backup of your installation and play in a old OSMC image to catch the right EDID.
But maybe @grahamh want to take a look at the current situation.