[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Hi,
I tried using the iiYama as second display. My system recognised it but I got into difficulties with switching between with mouse cursor. Running su - before using get-edid also wouldn’t accept my root login; strange. Running get-edid didn’t like running as user.

Will do as you suggest but will have to return to this later as I have to go out now.
Many thanks.

The EDID is already in your logs. From that I see your display doesn’t support any ‘video’ (CTA) modes but those two modes must be being injected by the system. Our logs don’t report VESA modes atm.

What you can try is apply surgery to ~/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml. Stop Kodi with sudo systemctl stop mediacenter

Find a line in guisettings with videoscreen.screenmode and change it to

<setting id="videoscreen.screenmode">0102400768060.00000pstd</setting>

then sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Hi Graham,
No joy sadly. Now I have lost my route to host!
My upgrade which was very messy together with subsequent edits may not have helped.

I think I would like to do try a new installation but using the Kodi 19 testing version. The only route I know is to burn an SD card. Can I do that with a complete Kodi 19 or do I burn from the normal published 2020.11-1 installation file and update?

Go with the previous image because than you can first capture the correct disp_cap file before upgrading

Hi,
I am back with initial installation from 2020.11-1 and have the dispaly now working again. The resolution from my settings is what I had set it using TV at 1920x1080p but I am not sure I believe it as it is outwith the capability of the iiYama display.
Before I do anything more what should I save before upgrading to Kodi 19?
Where do I find disp_cap?

Just upload some logs - that should give us enough

I hope this is what you need.

https://paste.osmc.tv/resiyibuxu

Budge

Oops, and after setting debug logging:-

https://paste.osmc.tv/ahatajorom

And now after attempting updates several times I have:-

https://paste.osmc.tv/vejujawega

I suspect nothing has changed yet as I am still on Media Center 2020.11-1.
Will now try from cli.

Well I assume it will have worked from cli in the meantime. But I also wonder did you manually check for updates via “Scan for updates now” in MyOSMC before?

The blank menus issue should definitely be fixed now.

Cheers

Sam

Anybody else have issues with profiles? I started with a clean install (moved .kodi to the side). I’ve created a 2nd profile (Test) but when I try to load it nothing happens (Kodi ‘freezes’).

2021-06-01 11:10:00.442 T:2763     INFO <general>: Python interpreter interrupted by user
2021-06-01 11:10:00.779 T:2766     INFO <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..
2021-06-01 11:10:00.779 T:2766     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(7, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/default.py): script successfully run
2021-06-01 11:10:01.028 T:3852  WARNING <general>: xbmc.translatePath is deprecated and might be removed in future kodi versions. Please use xbmcvfs.translatePath instead.
2021-06-01 11:10:01.061 T:2766     INFO <general>: Python interpreter interrupted by user
2021-06-01 11:10:01.064 T:2767     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(8, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.iptv.manager/service.py): script successfully run
2021-06-01 11:10:01.240 T:2767     INFO <general>: Python interpreter interrupted by user
2021-06-01 11:10:01.243 T:2768     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(9, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/resources/lib/service.py): script successfully run
2021-06-01 11:10:01.243 T:2768     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(9, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/resources/lib/service.py): waiting on thread 3558854864
2021-06-01 11:10:06.253 T:2711    ERROR <general>: CPythonInvoker(9, /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.osmc.settings/resources/lib/service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

Only way to load it seems to be to enable the profile selection screen on startup and select the Test profile but switching between profiles fails.

I can confirm it is solved.

Yeah, I vote for reducing the brightness further.
It is still too bright at the moment, installed tonight.

Even better, if brightness could be manipulated from UI settings that would be awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming this.

I think I’m losing the plot. What I understand is with Kodi 18.9 and kernel 3.14 you get a picture on the iiYama with the GUI at 1920x1080x60Hz - even though the monitor is not supposed to support that.

On Kodi 19.1 and kernel 4.9 you can’t even set the GUI to 1920x1080.

The solution should be to make a file called disp_cap containing these lines

480p60hz*
720p60hz
1080i60hz
1080p60hz

and put it in ~/.kodi/userdata/

I am now getting a rap on my knuckles for posting all these in a row so will have to wait for a reply.

All my efforts to upgrade have failed and I am getting the security errors I posted yesterday when I ran dist-upgrade from cli. I did check my system time and it all seems to be in sync. Here is the log after more attempts from cli. I had better stop now and wait for dust to settle.

https://paste.osmc.tv/wepogutigu

Since I was not able to post and having waited a while I tried the update from screen and this time the update ran and did change my system. The same error as last time occurred however as I now have no screen at all and the display has gone to sleep. I can however still run from cli so here is the log after the update.

https://paste.osmc.tv/awekaxigog

Not sure how to save this so hope it is not all wasted.

Hi graham,
sorry this message had been saved somewhere and popped up after you replied.
Will do as you suggest and try the disp_cap file but it is odd that display had been working with higher resolution.
I shall have to leave this now but will return at weekend.
Your help is much appreciated and please forgive the string of logs. Will not do that again.

Can you upload a clip of one of these DV videos? Are you trying to play them on a DV-enabled TV, HDR TV or SDR TV? And logs would be really useful.

Hi @grahamh

I’ve posted logs on the original thread. You can download any video from demolandia.net

https://www.demolandia.net/4k-video-test/dolby-vision/page-1.html?highlight=4

1 Like