[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Sorry. I forgot to answer your question about TV. Yes, I have Vero connected to a DV enabled TV.

I can confirm, since I only have my new tv since less then a week I have no idea if it showed as HDR before though.

1 Like

Just wanted post to some good news (for me, anyway). The last few updates have solved the missing menu problems, and the buffering issue I posted about in or around post #56 (hi-bitrate h.264 4K SDR files) or so has been resolved. I replaced the ethernet cable and everything is awesome. :+1:

Thanks, and also to @Theetjuh. Those clips are DV Profile 5 (single-layer) which we don’t support as OSMC doesn’t have a DV licence. The ‘compatible’ versions of DV with a base layer of HDR10 or SDR are playable but without the DV enhancements. If anyone is having trouble playing those (typically BD rips) let us know.

I am noticing higher temperatures than before on the vero+ . Idle is the same 55-57 Degrees. But when playing 4k rips its going to 105. First it was around 83 . Anybody else noticing this?

no

Which codec? Have you checked your HW Acceleration setting?
Provide a debug log when from playing a file that raise temperature to 105c

Which setting should it be? Im gonna check that first . Tx

Settings - Player - Videos - Allow hardware acceleration

1 Like

HW acceleration you find at Settings → Player → Videos

If not sure you can reset the settings at the bottom but we recommend then

• adjust display refresh rate → start/stop or always
1 Like

How would I know if the video has a base layer of hdr10?

The 05 here from mediainfo means Profile 5. For HDR10 compatibility it would have to be Profile 7 or 8.

3 Likes

With the latest update it stuck on this. I cannot access the menu, even after power restart.

Same here. After small skin update today the Vero is not functional.

Ping @Chillbo

I’ve found the issue. After reworking a lot of the colour related code, the skin shortcuts script that allows for the home menu customization isn’t reloading the home menu to reflect the changes made in the template code… This is a change in behaviour by the script introduced with the v19 compatible version that seems to be known, but hasn’t been solved. Will have to see how to solve this as it can’t happen to lots of users out there once this becomes a stable update. Thanks for reporting the issue!

4 Likes

Thanks, @grahamh

@Whiteyez, @simenh1, I’ve pushed a potential fix for this to staging. Can you check and update via command line as soon as the mirrors reflect the change I’ve pushed (in about an hour or so)?

1 Like

Just curious if the Vero 4k+ should be able to play a file with this mediainfo. I have one on the latest test build and one on the previous build and neither will play. I will provide logs if it should play this

https://paste.osmc.tv/uvetanakaf.rib

Thanks

Unfortunately i was forced to do a clean install yesterday because i wanted to fix it asap.

Hello,

Can you check this bug

When I watch a video, it jerks after 20 minutes, I have to stop it and resume, and this every 20 minutes for each video, an example has been posted above.