[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Hi.
What is max bandwith of video? I trying to watch Suicide squad 4k trailer h. 264 mp4 with 85Mbit bandwith which buffering all the time. It is unwatchable.:frowning: It is to big or Matrix have problems?

Best regards

Playing it from usb or over network?

Also those with temperature issues make sure your vero is not on top or underneath any other devices. I had mine on top of an old cable tv reciver and that thing gets really hot.

After putting the vero on the table away from other hot devices the temperature now is normal again

Hi,

Playing from external HD.

It’s cooler outsider today and temperatures are lower. Idle 71 and 94-95 in stress. It is more than at Leia but I keep my vero in drawer with raspberry pi, dlink hub and external HD. I think this is a reason of high temps.

But I’am keeping it for 5 years his way and I see that in Matrix temperatures are higher than before.

But for now there is no problem with it.

Best regards

I noticed slightly higher temperatures too since i am on 19.
Before IT was 53-57 idle and now its never below 63.

I am monitoring my Vero’s temperature and if I compare my October numbers with my June numbers they are nearly identical. It might be some addons giving issues.

Hi,

I don’t have any addons

Hi,

I just encountered my first real issue with the v19 test build. Playing back a 1080p50i movie (MediaInfo: https://paste.osmc.tv/refumijeco.vhdl) results in choppy playback performance, as if it is constantly dropping frames. The video settings don’t allow me to configure deinterlacing, so I assume this is part of the problem.
Other (progressive) videos (up to 4K with 100 MBits) play fine and the CPU is bored all the time so I don’t think it is a performance issue.

Here is my logfile: https://paste.osmc.tv/cokawohuqa.xml

Another slightly annoying issue is that the Vero takes either very long to wake up from standby or doesn’t wake up at all. One longer wait time should be captured in the logfile above - if I can reproduce the failing wake up, I’ll provide updated logfiles.

I recommend you remove 1080p25Hz from your whitelist to force 1080i50Hz to play as 1080p50Hz.

Thanks for your reply, I forgot to mention that my AVR shows the Vero is already outputting 1080/50Hz on HJDMI level. So I assume Kodi does already select the correct res/refresh rate? I’ll try this tonight anyway.

Each time you play the video, it starts at 25Hz then changes to 50Hz after about 6 seconds. That’s how it’s always been since whitelists were introduced. I think the only thing new in this testing build is it’s taking longer to sort itself out (6 secs vs 1-2 secs with Leia) and the performance at 25Hz is poorer. Not sure why but forcing 50Hz output normally works.

It used to be the case that, after it switched from 25Hz to 50Hz, playback was smooth. Now playback is still jerky, even after it switches to 50Hz. But for some reason if you de-whitelist 1080p/25 so that it starts playing at 50Hz, it then plays smoothly. So it’s a bit of a downgrade from the previous version, but the issue can still be worked around by de-whitelisting 1080p/25.

Sorry for the delay. I’m back now and will have a look at this issue ASAP.

I have a problem with refreshing my movies. I got all my movies stored on a NAS. But when I want to update the movie list it doesn’t show the new added movies. I did delete the source and added it new and did a refresh. Then it worked. But after adding new movies the next time it didn’t recognise the new added movies. I do use the tinymediamanager to create a nfo file. Also I have a Problem with collections. Some collections (almost all of them didn’t show the image (cars for example shows the cover but die hard no image is shown)).
I do use a s905x box in my living room with coreelec installed and there everything world excellent. Update and images are show without problems :frowning:

Please post some logs.

I Just tested blacklisting 1080/25Hz, unfortunately it didn’t change anything. The file still plays very choppy.

Please let me know if I can help any further debugging this issue.

Could you give me a short description how to do this?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hi,
here is the link:

https://paste.osmc.tv/yixepurera

Thank you for the test option. Since then, my VERO 4K+ has been dead. LEIA installed back has problems with repositories and with the installation of add-ons a. with dependency

I was seeing something similar. The solution was to uncheck everything in the whitelist, and let the vero revert to the default behavior for picking resolution/refresh rates. (one of the devs explained to me it uses different logic for selecting the refresh rate when items are whitelisted)

In my case, I have a disp_cap file listing the resolutions/rates my TV supports (on account my my TV having a brain-dead edid that fails to list most of the resolutions and refresh rates it actually supports) The edid for my TV only lists 720p 50/60hz, and 1080p 50/60hz, although it actually supports any framerate between 23hz and 120hz… as well as 4k input resolutions) which means only my computer, and the vero can actually play most videos without the choppiness you get from mismatched frame-rates.

you can ssh in and
# cat /sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap
to see what your TV reported. If it looks like it is missing modes (24fps, 25fps, etc) you can try adding a disp_cap file with the missing modes and see if that helps.