[TESTING] Kodi v19 builds for Vero 4K / 4K +

Progress of sorts. I was just looking into this

and I discovered the dropouts happen whenever you play PCM audio with the video resolution at 4k. You don’t have to be playing a video. Perhaps you could confirm?

I got some Dire Straits laying around here, so could test it.
So set GUI to any 4K resolution and just playing some music?

Yep, no pattern to it, some mp3/flac are fine, some pause for 1 sec every 27 secs.

The bottom line seems to be to get these dropouts you need:

• 4k video output with no refreshrate mangling
  • 44.1kHz PCM audio

I just tried setting audio output to Fixed 48kHz and everything plays smoothly. So it’s not mp3s that’s the trouble, it’s just most of them will be 44.1k. I get the same issue with 44.1k flacs.

Weird, no issues here.
GUI at 4K50 and played some 24bit 44.1kHz or 16bit 44.1kHz FLAC’s

No Dire Straits though, but Mark Knopfler … so same singer :sweat_smile:

edit: but get issues at 4K24!!

Let me check that here - maybe we’re narrowing it down.

Also at 4K23,98, 4K25, 4K29,97 and 4K30

Issues with 16 and 24bit 44kHz, but not with 48kHz or higher (checked with 48, 88.2, 96 and 192kHz).

2 Likes

@sam_nazarko Did you take a look at my log file (regarding the issue with not shown covers (collections) and not updating new added movies)??

The database might be corrupt.
Does it work on a fresh Kodi userdata?

How are you triggering the update of the Library?

As you log shows only enabled on startup

<setting id="videolibrary.updateonstartup">true</setting>
    <setting id="videolibrary.backgroundupdate" default="true">false</setting>

To clarify, as Grahamh will probably have seen from my other post, I was also using 4k @ 30.

1 Like

Thanks. You will have to leave it with us - I have some ideas now. You have a workaround in the meantime - all users, especially music lovers, should make sure their GUI is 1080p resolution and those with 4k videos with 44.1k audio can force 48k fixed-rate audio.

I have no problems on my S905X Box with coreelec. There are all covers visible.

How could i create a new kodi userdata on the Vero 4k+?

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

Hi,

I’m having issues playing 4k movies specifically. No issues playing regular blu-ray files. Eventually I get it to work but its always a hassle for me. Takes a few tries. I’ve tried delaying the refresh rate but it doesn’t work. This is a projector setup. The vero4k+ connected to an oppo through its hdmi in, the oppo is connected to a denon receiver. I enabled debugging and have two different logs. The first the 4k movie actually played, however I stopped the movie and it didn’t return to kodi. Here is the log:

https://paste.osmc.tv/dunorovora

The second time I tried to play a 4k movie it didn’t play. Here is that log:

https://paste.osmc.tv/ijuyizaqel

Any idea what is going on? Thanks!

Hi,

From a quick glance I spotted a couple of things, leave it with us.

Sam

Care to share? At least this way I’ll know what to look for when there is an update.

You have this log spam:

Aug 04 19:56:21 osmc kernel: 
                             [amvideo..] saturation_post:0 hue_post:0 mab:1000000
Aug 04 19:56:21 osmc kernel: GFH video_contrast_store contrast 0 vd1_contrast 0
Aug 04 19:56:21 osmc kernel: GFH video_contrast_store contrast 0 vd1_contrast 0

every second in your kernel log. I don’t think this is expected.

Try a re-boot. I think secureOSMC has crashed / hit a bug.

Sam

Yeah 50/50 whether a reboot works or not. As an fyi I’ve been having this type of issue for a while so I don’t think its a Matrix issue.

Does systemctl restart apploader.service help when you have a playback issue?

It’s late here (almost 5AM) but we’ll look in to the root cause properly tomorrow.

Sam