[TESTING] Kodi v21 release builds

Aahh that wasn’t clear for me, thanks for the info :+1:

3d MVC is not working anymore. All in 2D.

I’d suggest posting some logs.

Has anybody else tested 3D?

Yes, it should be working. Could you please provide a log?

Before the update it worked.

Where do I find the log ?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Will do later

Thanks. I have checked and it is working here.
If others can confirm that would be great.

I have uploaded

You need to share the displayed URL/Code otherwise it can not be found

HTTPS://paste.osmc.tv/abakimakul

Thanks for the log, I’ll have a look ASAP

Thanks for the report.
This is solved now.

The log is really helpful. I can see that the second video stream can’t be opened. Here, my test 3D ISO is working, but I could reproduce a hang with a different 3D ISO. I’ll have a look.

Thank you

The strings.po update looks good.

I’m seeing a complaint trying to load widevine though.
Is there some new lib dependency I should apt-get install for this? It was fine the other day, and I don’t see this issue on my laptop. (I did need to install a new widevine release today though, both on the Vero and my laptop) Unless it’s a bug in the latest inputstream.adaptive. You are pulling the latest github commits correct? I’ve got the flatpak kodi release on my laptop. I’ll have to test on my dev rig to if the issue shows up there).

024-06-05 16:07:59.110 T:3330 error : AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Initialize: Initialize: Failed to load library: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_ABI_DT_RELR’ not found (required by /home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)

2024-06-05 16:07:59.110 T:3330 error : AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/home/osmc/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)
2024-06-05 16:07:59.110 T:3330 error : AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed

Yes

Your log would suggest a problem with Widevine (or further patches needed to libc6), not a problem with Kodi or InputStream Adaptive.

I’d roll back to an older version of libwidevinecdm.so

Unfortunately, the reason I updated the widevine was that the previous on was invalidated… only the latest one is valid at the moment. I’ll have to dig deeper into the dependency. (my laptop is OK with the dependency, so will need to see what is missing on the arm side for it)

EDIT:
Actually, I did roll back to the previous one (which was revoked) and it’s working (for the moment, with the Paramount+ plugin)

Initially, (before I did the first update), kodi was throwing a complaint, so I ran the widevine update util (slyguy’s widevine manager), and it listed my “current” installed libwidevine as an unknown random string version… rather than one of the ones with a sensible number and status… so I updated to the latest. which seems to have a problem.

Weird. Still, some issue with the latest widevine lib though. I may dig in a bit later (the revoked one I’m using at the moment is surely going to stop working soon…)

It appears that the latest widevine lib is looking for GLIBC_ABI_DT_RELR. And from my research (google) that is something that apparently was added to libc6 in v 2.36, but the vero (bulleseye) is still on libc6 v2.31. bookworm uses libc6 2.36.