[TESTING] Kodi v21 release builds

Interesting. @dfj - does changing this help you as well?

1 Like

I would be happy with this workaround.
It did not work for me though.
Hopefully it still helps to narrow down the issue.

Thanks for confirming. It was not proposed as a proper workaround, just a temporary solution to narrow things down.

We will work it out

1 Like

FYI (for the general public) the old cache settings in advancedsettings.xml starting with Kodi v21 are completely ignored as the settings moved into the GUI at settings>services>caching>. You can still set them from there with the forced guisettings.xml settings option but those use a different naming scheme to how you used to manually set them.

2 Likes

I installed OSMC Kodi 21.0.1 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ this morning. When I went to install some addons, they failed with an error. Apparently, the dependency scripts were not automatically installed.

I needed to manually install these python scripts.

• script.module.six
  • script.module.dateutil
  • script.module.xbmcswift2
  • script.module.certifi
  • script.module.chardet
  • script.module.idna
  • script.module.urllib3
  • script.module.requests

I’d also updated my desktop Kodi to 21.0 and installed the same addon and these were automatically installed.

Aren’t these supposed to automatically install in OSMC like it did on my desktop?

Yes. I would suggest posting some logs

At this point, I don’t have any logs as I manually installed the scripts. I just thought it was unexpected behavior.

Kodi 21 omega on Vero V:
With hardware h264 enabled crash. Only with NPO streams from addon Retrospect, this does not affect NPO live streams. No problems with Kodi 21.0.1 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ https://paste.osmc.tv/sapofaxavo
hastebin

Did you set a fallback frame rate as suggested above?

Please provide debug logs

Unfortunately I don’t have access to a problematic stream to reproduce the issue.

Sorry, I overlooked that, unfortunately that didn’t really help, some streams do play now but in low resolution, also when I set the framerate off…, but most streams keep causing a crash…
I hope that the next log is better…:
https://paste.osmc.tv/jododizaye

Changing the refresh rate should not impact the resolution. Is there a way to get access to this stream?

Add-on: Retrospect | Omega | Addons
Retrospect-Nationaal-NPO Start-Recent

Can I access this from the UK and can you let me know of a stream that will crash?

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

I think that you have to use a VPN, the streams come from the Dutch public broadcaster NPO, all streams crash, except the ones under Live radio and Live TV…
Thanks for trying to help me solve this problem!

Maybe solves the latest version of inputstream adaptive this problem? Another update to top of tree?

We are already building the latest.

We have a fix. It will be made available later today.

Thanks to Marcel S. for providing a stream.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.

This resolves the IPTV stream issues for me.

2 Likes

Thanks in advance! Update not yet available here…

It was released some time ago - hence why @dfj was able to test it. You could check for updates manually.