The Hurricane Heist 4K playback problem

please any change that you could give me a hand again if you have time with the nfs, thanks

With NFS, a fstab mount would look like this:

192.168.1.100:/Movies /mnt/Movies nfs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw 0 0

To verify what’s exported on the NFS server:

showmount -e 192.168.1.100

thanks

showmount -e 192.168.1.100
Export list for 192.168.1.100:
/mnt/user/downloads *
/mnt/user/TVShows *
/mnt/user/TV *
/mnt/user/Photo *
/mnt/user/Music *
/mnt/user/Movies *
/mnt/user/HT Demo *
/mnt/user/Concerts *
/mnt/user/Backup *
/mnt/user/App Portable *
/mnt/user/APK *
/mnt/user/4K *
/mnt/user/3DMKV *
/mnt/disks/WDBackup *
/mnt/disks/WDSab *

then when i try to mount it i get this
sudo mount /mnt/Movies
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.1.100:/Movies

is that a problem on my unraid service?

You probably need to use /user/Movies then:

192.168.1.100:/user/Movies /mnt/Movies nfs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw 0 0

But, some NAS do odd things, so if that doesn’t work, try:

192.168.1.100:/mnt/user/Movies /mnt/Movies nfs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw 0 0

Of course, check the configuration on your NAS to be sure of the permissions allowed.

yeah the permission on my server are public and i can access from my devices browsing NFS

i got no errors on this one
192.168.1.100:/mnt/user/Movies /mnt/Movies nfs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw 0 0

but when i type
sudo mount /mnt/Movies nothing come out i dont see my files

i also try

sudo mount /mnt/user/Movies
mount: can’t find /mnt/user/Movies in /etc/fstab

You did remove the SMB mount, right? :wink:

Some NAS report the exports oddly. My WD MyCloud is one:

brian@gelth ~ $ showmount -a davros
All mount points on davros:
192.168.1.124:/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Tardis

But to mount:

davros:/nfs/Tardis /media/Tardis nfs rw,user,noauto,noatime,x-systemd.automount 0 0

So you may need to look at the NAS configuration to make sure of how it’s exported.

yeah i remove my movies smb

will this help, this is from my server

See exports(5) for a description.

This file contains a list of all directories exported to other computers.

It is used by rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd.

“/mnt/disks/WDSab” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=200 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/disks/WDBackup” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=201 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/3DMKV” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=109 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/4K” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=114 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/APK” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=117 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/App Portable” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=116 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/Backup” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=104 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/Concerts” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=105 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/HT Demo” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=106 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/Movies” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=101 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/Music” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=103 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/Photo” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=110 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/TV” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=102 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/TVShows” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=107 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
“/mnt/user/downloads” -async,no_subtree_check,fsid=113 *(sec=sys,rw,insecure,anongid=100,anonuid=99,all_squash)
root@Server:~#

From that it looks like /mnt/user/Movies is the correct mount. Did you try rebooting?

yeah i did gone reboot again

From command line, you still see nothing if you:

$ ls -l /mnt/Movies

got it :smile: , ls -l /mnt/Movies shows my movies, does it mean that is working right?

Yep, you should be good to go. And you can now switch your other mounts to NFS.

And the good think about using fstab is that if you had already scraped your media, to Kodi it’s all still in the same place. /mnt/Movies is the same if it’s SMB or NFS mounted.

great nice and thanks again for all you help, i learn a lot from you today

one more question, just for curiosity can this be down from server side so like that my shield tv can benefice from this

thanks again

forgot to ask, now wiht nfs fstab i use the same on kodi /mnt/Movies or is diferent

I don’t know anything about Shield TV. Sorry. But if it’s linux based then what you’ve learned here may help :slight_smile:

No problem, glad I was able to help. I’d like to know if it helps with the problems you had playing 4K content.

I think might be a misunderstanding @mata7 was using kodi based nfs mounts.
So he has to either use path substitution or better rescrape with the new source

yes i did reset kodi and going start fresh rescrape, so i will need to use /mnt/user/Movies when adding the shares to kodi right?

actually i only have stutter problem with one movie and i delete it at ready but will let you know if i have any more problem with 4K

Yes, you will find it via “root filesystem” in Kodi when adding sources

thank you, wow got all my shared setup and ready :slight_smile: , really excited

i ben getting this failed to mount error, but the files play fine, i look at the logs and i see this

Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mnt/TV.
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-TV.mount: Unit entered failed state.
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-Movies.automount: Got automount request for /mnt/Movies, triggered by 767 (JobWorker)
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: Mounting /mnt/Movies…
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-Movies.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=32
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mnt/Movies.
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-Movies.mount: Unit entered failed state.
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-TVShows.automount: Got automount request for /mnt/TVShows, triggered by 767 (JobWorker)
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: Mounting /mnt/TVShows…
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-TVShows.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=32
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mnt/TVShows.
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-TVShows.mount: Unit entered failed state.
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-Concerts.automount: Got automount request for /mnt/Concerts, triggered by 767 (JobWorker)
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: Mounting /mnt/Concerts…
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-Concerts.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=32
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mnt/Concerts.
Jun 14 16:30:24 CubaMC systemd[1]: mnt-Concerts.mount: Unit entered failed state.

Show us your current fstab file.