The Hurricane Heist 4K playback problem

Ok, that looks good.

So what’s currenly mounted?

$ sudo mount

And what happens if you try to manually mount?

$ sudo mount /mnt/Movies

$ sudo mount
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=803952k,nr_inodes=200988,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/mapper/vero–nand-root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,stripe=1024,data=ordered)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/bfqio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,bfqio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=30,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
sunrpc on /run/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=183236k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000)

$ sudo mount /mnt/Movies
Couldn’t chdir to /mnt/Movies: No such file or directory

btw thanks for all you help

Ok, it’s probably because the mountpoint hasn’t been created yet as it’s an automount. As a test, try:

$ sudo mkdir /mnt/Movies
$ sudo mount /mnt/Movies

If that works then we are getting close.

osmc@CubaMC:~$ sudo mkdir /mnt/Movies
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/mnt/Movies’: File exists
osmc@CubaMC:~$ sudo mount /mnt/Movies
mount error(16): Device or resource busy
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
osmc@CubaMC:~$

Ok, it got automounted.

$ mount

to verify what’s mounted and

$ ls -l /mnt/Movies

to see your content.

bingo :slight_smile: got it, so now how do i add this shared to kodi fstab

Now you just add /mnt/Movies as a source in Kodi. And remove the smb:// version to prevent duplicates.

ok thank you very much for all you help, i really appreciated

one more question, i type ls -l /mnt/4K and is no working

now i need to add to fstab again

//192.168.1.100/Movies /mnt/Server_Movies cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,rw,iocharset=utf8,guest,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0`

but this time change Movies to 4k? and do this to all my shared

You need to change //192.168.1.100/Movies to //192.168.1.100/4K and of course /mnt/Movies to /mnt/4K

The mount will happen when you reboot or use Kodi to add another source.

ok man thank you very much for all you dedicated help, i wish I could buy you a beer :slight_smile:

again thank

You could always ship me one :smiley:

This should help your 4K content play better. With this change I doubt that you will need a GB adapter. (I have 4K content and it all plays fine)

lol i think adding new shares i forgot to change the 192.168.1.2 to the server ip or someting i did wrong but now vero 4k cant go online, i think i will have to reset to factory and start again

You can connect a USB keyboard and fix your fstab without reloading. Just comment out newly added lines (put a # at the start of the line) and reboot.

Didn’t you have a NFS instead of a SMB server?

i have both

You can connect a USB keyboard and fix your fstab without reloading. Just comment out newly added lines (put a # at the start of the line) and reboot.

so i just type sudo nano /etc/fstab and edit it from the startup screen?

Than I suggest to use NFS via fstab as it would give best performance

ok im back i fix it without having the need for reset to factory

so how do i do it for NFS, whats the comandline?

It’s all in the thread I linked earlier.

Using NFS is about the same as SMB, but faster. I didn’t realize that you had NFS available or I would have recommended that! You will just need to tweek your fstab a little to switch to NFS.