Time to upgrade - but it has been a long time

Hi all,

I have not updated my Vero 4Ks for quite some time. Mainly because I have enough machines requiring regular installation of updates, and I also have custom code that queries the MySQL DB (and the new Kodi version has different database names/schema). The Vero 4Ks have been very stable, and behind a firewall, so security has not been a big issue. I have also updated my remote config, which may get over-written.

Currently, uname -a returns: 3.14.29-160-osmc #1 SMP Sun Sep 13 13:55:21 UTC 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

apt-get update returns (I have changed the output due to forum posting requirements):

Get:1 security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease [65.4 kB]
Get:2 ftpDOTdebianDOTorg/debian buster InRelease [122 kB]
Get:4 ftpDOTdebianDOTorg/debian buster-updates InRelease [51.9 kB]
Hit:3 Index of /osmc/osmc/apt buster InRelease
Reading package lists… Done
E: Repository ‘security.debian.org buster/updates InRelease’ changed its ‘Suite’ value from ‘stable’ to ‘oldstable’
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
N: Repository ‘ftpDOTdebianDOTorg/debian buster InRelease’ changed its ‘Version’ value from ‘10.9’ to ‘10.12’
E: Repository ‘ftpDOTdebianDOTorg/debian buster InRelease’ changed its ‘Suite’ value from ‘stable’ to ‘oldstable’
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.
E: Repository ‘ftpDOTdebianDOTorg/debian buster-updates InRelease’ changed its ‘Suite’ value from ‘stable-updates’ to ‘oldstable-updates’

Does anyone with a Vero 4K know what /etc/apt/sources.list should contain? After updating my sources, is it just a matter of apt-get update then apt-get dist-upgrade? I’m hoping to avoid installing a new image.

Thanks in advance! I had a look under the Help and Support category for something similar (to avoid duplicate posts) but nothing immediately jumped out.

These devices have uptimes of many months. I love them - they just work :smiley:

Try the hotfix