Tivo slide pro remote ignoring input

Just got my Vero 4K+ and it’s been working great. My last couple iterations of Kodi were on a server, then a Raspi, and most recently an Intel PCstick. Throughout all of these I’ve been using a Tivo Slide Pro remote: https://kodi.wiki/view/Archive:TiVo_Slide

It has generally ‘just worked’ although I recall needing to do some fiddling in linux to fine tune things like key mapping. But this time around, it’s not working on the Vero 4K+. It’s the only thing preventing me from putting this into production as my family has been using this remote for many years and WAF requires it!

I connected the dongle to the Vero and can see it gets power. I know the remote is sending commands to the dongle because the remote led lights up certain colors if it does or doesn’t connect (if it’s too far away or dongle is unplugged it’ll light up red, otherwise amber).

Moving the dongle to any other Kodi instance, it works immediately. With Vero, whether it’s the only dongle or connected next to the included oem RF dongle, any keypress is ignored. The oem RF remote works without issue. I see a reference to the device getting picked up in the logs:

[ 3.108504] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci-hcd
[ 3.290116] usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=150a, idProduct=1203
[ 3.290124] usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 3.290128] usb 1-2: Product: S5 Remote Control
[ 3.290132] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: TiVo, Inc.
[ 3.290135] usb 1-2: SerialNumber: 140825

Has anyone used a Tivo slider with Vero before? Wondering if there’s something simple I overlooked. I did place /etc/udev/hwdb.d/95-tivoslide.hwdb & restarted (this was required in a previous Kodi installation) but that hasn’t helped either.

https://paste.osmc.tv/vadocopizu

Thanks!

I found this abandoned request from long ago:

I am motivated to find a solution if anyone is willing to assist. =)

I would start by installing evtest from the terminal…

sudo apt-get install evtest

And then run it and see if you get a response there. If that works then you probably just need to make a working hwdb file as it doesn’t look like you have a custom one currently loading.