Trouble with VC1 BD rip playback

I have been doing BD rips of the Supernatural box set, 15 series so this is going to take a while!

I have a Vero 4K+, the files are 1080p 24fps VC1. When trying to play them I get the animated logo, the status & time at the top of the screen, but no video playing. I tried several files from different disks.

Later I found I could get playback by pressing the home button, selecting the episode it still thinks it’s playing, the screen starts flashing, then I press ‘right’ to skip forwards, and finally the video will play. It will play to the end of the file with perhaps a few pauses along the way.

When I go to the next episode I have to do the same again.

Any ideas?

You will make it easier for the OSMC guys to help you if you post some debug-enabled logs. See here:

If you could upload a short sample video that reproduces the problem, that might also help. You could perhaps create it using mkvtoolnix and perhaps make it available via WeTransfer.com .

Good point, I’ll try and get debug logs tonight.

It sounds that what you’re describing is a known problem. It should be fixed in the next release. If you dare, you could give the current Kodi v21 test build a try.

Ah, I may well dare. It looks like it’s just using a different deb repo and that it can be reverted if it really doesn’t work out?

Only with a full reinstall of the system

It’s pretty stable, I would give it a go…

I tried it last night. yes it seems stable, I didn’t notice any issues when anything I was previously using.

The videos can be played with this version, though there is (quite often) bad lip-sync. Could be a second or so out sometimes.