Trying to configure MySQL on vero4k

Hi guys, i’m back.

I have used this link to install everything (MySQL (MariaDB…), apache, phpMyAdmin) on my vero4k, and it all seems to be running as expected.
Next I understand I have to configure my advancedsettings.xml to point at the DB, which I believe i can be configured from the Network option in My OSMC. I went into the My OSMC thing, selected “Network”, selected the MySQL section, ticked the “Enable MySQL VideoDB”, and set it up as below:

Name: MyVideos
IP Address: 127.0.0.1
port: 3306
user: osmc
pass: osmc
import watched: yes
import resume: yes

I then back out and try and select the Exit menu item (which I assume is how you save these settings). It then throws up a notification:

Networking Add-on
Unhandled Exception caught - See log for details

I uploaded the logs HERE, but I can’t see any exceptions mentioned. Does anyone have any idea what’s happening?

thanks!

22:51:20.076 T:3839881984   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 910510
22:52:26.392 T:3839881984   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 910580
22:52:27.102 T:3839881984   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 910590
22:53:53.182 T:3839881984   ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 910510

righto… any ideas what that means?

The logs you uploaded don’t show an error from MyOSMC, so could you please try to reboot, attempt to setup MySQL again via MyOSMC and then post logs again?

Good call! doing it again seemed to produce a real exception:

21:19:44.040 T:3736072960 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                        Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                        Error Contents: 'NoneType' object does not support item assignment
                                        Traceback (most recent call last):
                                          File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.networking/resources/lib/networking_gui.py", line 464, in onAction
                                            self.shutdown_process()
                                          File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.networking/resources/lib/networking_gui.py", line 427, in shutdown_process
                                            self.read_mysql_settings(self.advs_dict)
                                          File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.networking/resources/lib/networking_gui.py", line 761, in read_mysql_settings
                                            sub_dict['videolibrary']['importwatchedstate'] = 'true'
                                        TypeError: 'NoneType' object does not support item assignment
                                        -->End of Python script error report<--`

complete log: https://paste.osmc.tv/zajivakoso

[edit] i noticed it complained about importwatchedstate above, so i tried de-selecting that option, but I still got an exception.

Thank you, I’ll see what I can do about fixing this. For now, you can manually edit advancedsettings.xml to use MySQL.