TVHeadend on OSMC

(EDIT - accidentally submitted this by hitting enter before actually finishing the post)

This is in reference to the topic below;

I am getting the same problem here with tvheadend

Scanning dependencies of target common
make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/x265_2.4/build/linux'
make[4]: Entering directory '/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/x265_2.4/build/linux'
[  1%] Building CXX object common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/arm/asm-primitives.cpp.o
*** Error in `/usr/bin/c++': double free or corruption (top): 0x003b91d0 ***
Aborted
common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/arm/asm-primitives.cpp.o' failed
make[4]: *** [common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/arm/asm-primitives.cpp.o] Error 134
make[4]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/x265_2.4/build/linux'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:258: recipe for target 'common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/all' failed
make[3]: *** [common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/x265_2.4/build/linux'
Makefile:117: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/x265_2.4/build/linux'
Makefile.ffmpeg:263: recipe for target '/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/x265_2.4/.tvh_build' failed
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/x265_2.4/.tvh_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/tvheadend'
Makefile:827: recipe for target '/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/build/ffmpeg/lib/libavcodec.a' failed
make: *** [/usr/src/tvheadend/build.linux/ffmpeg/build/ffmpeg/lib/libavcodec.a] Error 2

The link at the start of this thread states to edit automake to fix the issue - however I cannot find ffmpeg_static in the automake.sh at all.

Any assistance would be most appreciated - thanks

I have found a forum post with some information on disabling this.

I’ve re ./configure’d with --disable-ffmpeg_static and the make is proceeding at the moment, however I dont know what effect disabling that will have. All I want to use this for is with an IPTV service I use - instead of the Simple iptv client addon.

At this time it is '‘make’'ing - taking its time of course since its a raspi :slight_smile:

OK got tvheadend working now heres what I did;

instead of just
./configure

I did

sudo ./configure --disable-ffmpeg_static
then sudo make

and after a while it completed and now I’m running tvheadend - its now scanning my iptv url and seems to be going well, of course I still dont know the full impact of disabling ffmpeg_static… I’ll update this post should I come across a problem.

Why not just install TVHeadend from the App Store?

Not sure, but I suppose to keep it up with a more recent TVH version. In the recent months, we have seen a big effort to upgrade osmc to latest TVH version, on that time, 4.2.2. Thanks a lot for that. Since then two new versions have been deployed, 4.2.3 (1st July) and 4.2.4 this last one 12 days ago, (Releases · tvheadend/tvheadend · GitHub). TVH is updated frequently these months to patch the new SAT-IP functionality integrated in 4.2 branch, solving new bugs continuously.
Seeing your build scripts for osmc, it seems “quite straightforward” to build the latest release (without taking in account testing outcomes of course). Are you thinking to upgrade TvHeadend version in app store soon?
Regards,

Yes.

If you build 4.2.4 and it’s good, then I’ll kick off a build in to our staging repository.

Sam

I tested 4.2.4 and it seems everything works ok. No issues for me upgrading it from previous version. My old configuration was also respected. In the meantime if anyone is interested to play with it, you can download it from the following link: TvheadEnd 4.2.4 OSMC

I’ve now made TVHeadend 4.2.4 available for testing.