Unable to Scan new movies on OSMC for last 48 hours

Since scanning still wasn’t working for me I went into Settings -> Add-on browser -> My add-ons -> Information providers -> Movie information -> The Movie Database and there it said 5.1.2

I hit Update and a progress bar briefly showed up but after it was done it still said 5.1.2 and scanning still was not successful. Do I need to do something else?

Being actively discussed on Kodi forum
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331716

1 Like

I have the same problem on my Vero4k and on my both rpi3b+ with the latest OSMC for about 2-3 days.

The problem is only with the Movies, TV Shows updates as normal. I’m able to play my old added movies, but I’m not able to scan the movie folder for updates.

I’m going to use Plex plug-in untill the problem is sloved. It seams it’s add-on related.

Best regards!

Update plus install of artwork Beef and everything aok…

Thanks Sam, got the update now after my manual downgrade to 5.1.2 again.

Thanks Paul, that thread is providing lots of insight.
I’m kinda reluctant going the Artwork Beef route but I might if TMDb doesn’t provide a proper fix soon.

For me its working again after the add-on update. Thanks Sam.

I had the same issue and solved it by reinstalling with the latest build. Right now my library is being updated with fanart. I presume the problem was caused by an update for the older builds. I had an earlier build which updated a view times.

Hello,
also for me it’s working again after the add-on update to 5.1.3 and a reboot.
Without rebooting it worked but without posters (they were displayed as an empty space on the recently added movies list).
Thanks.

The update will be rolling out automatically eventually, right? I don’t have to do the ZIP install?

It’s already been made available.

I went into Settings -> Add-on browser -> My add-ons -> Information providers -> Movie information -> The Movie Database and there it said 5.1.2

I hit Update and a progress bar briefly showed up but after it was done it still said 5.1.2 and scanning still was not successful.

Update still seems to not show up for me when I do this. Do I need to do something else?

After the update, no more (for me) fanart and youtube trailers (Nebula skin).
The rest is ok.

Yep, I can confirm this. The same behaviour is happening on my end.

For me the add-on didn’t update that way either.
When using the OSMC skin go into Settings → add-on browser then press left and choose ‘look for updates’ or whatever the function is called there.

HTH

Please post a debug log if this is the case.

Sam

You’re talking about where it goes out and grabs the information for the movie there are other databases out there I’m not sure the one you use I use two of them maybe that one you’re using is just down. Go to your add-ons and add a new movie database. When you go to the movie for me I’m using a remote so I hold down the button to display a new menu there’s an option to change the content.

See if that helps

I keep forgetting the timeline on the side on this forum I seen that it was already answered. So at first all I seen was the first post lol

Seems like my addon got updated overnight to v5.1.3.

It’s working again, thanks everyone.

Same here, tried to update the way scarcry described this morning and found I got the latest version over night.