Update not working - Stuck at December 2020

I forced the update on my Raspberry Pi3 by using the command line via SSH :

sudo systemctl start manual-update

But then after 5 minutes of downloading new packages, I got the message “An error occurred while installing… Unknown package”

What should I do ?
Thanks

EDIT : I should add that I had to force the update via command line because trying to update via “My OSMC” was unsuccesful : the update apparently browse debian repositories and then does… nothing… even though there is an update pending from last august.

Here is my log

I moved your post to a new topic as it is different from the existing issue.

Whats the output of
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

I issued both commands right now
It is updating everything now.

Maybe that’s all that’s required ? Updating the whole distro before updating ?
We’ll see

EDIT : here’s the output of both commands : mitch@m1~ $ sudo apt-get update^Cmitch@m1~ $ ssh osmc@192.168.1.52osmc@192.1 - Pastebin.com

There seems to be still a combination of network connect problems and also the change in the repository.
Are you sure it now successfully updated?

The sudo apt-get dist-upgrade command ended successfully yeah, although with some errors at the end of course, as you can see in the log

Yes that errors are my concern. So how does it look if you run both commands again.

Ok now it goes like this : osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get updateGet:1 http://security.debian.org buster/update - Pastebin.com

Ok first to get around the repository issue run

sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change

After that let’s run dist-upgrade again and see if the issue with local mirror is solved.

1 Like

Did as you said
Log here : osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-changeGet:1 http://securi - Pastebin.com

Looks good, you should be up to date now

Yep seems everything is ok now
I’m now booting into Kodi v19.1 successfully.
Thanks so much.

No idea why the process was so convoluted for me.
I had been disabling Automatic updates for 1 year (since November 2020), only occasionally checking manual updates from time to time. Is that why ?

EDIT : oh by the way, the new update runs incredibly smooth !
Such an improvement in performance and fluidity

Combination of issues, but yes it is recommended to update quite regularly.

Got it.

Now I have my Kodi setup to check for updates daily
Thank you again

This seems to be required if updating from the November 2020 release – I had the same problem on my Vero 4K+.

It’s now taken care of a FAQ entry and Hotfix

1 Like