USB TV Tuner not working

I have updated my test unit to 2022-09-1 and then performed:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

When plugging the 950Q dmesg still shows Unsupported Device, dmesg output is the same. Side note: after a bunch of plugging and testing, my dualHD tuner seems to have broken today (not working anymore on separate Windows PC, unrecognized USB device), so all future work/testing will be with the 950Q model tuner.

Hi @slow – this should now work again.

See Hauppauge 955Q tuner

I was very hopeful since much time has passed, but my Hauppauge 950Q devices are still not working on 2023.08-1 :frowning: it seems you have made great progress for a lot of USB tuners around the forums but this one just remains stubborn.

The dmesg still reads as pasted earlier in this thread, the Product, Manufacturer, and SerialNumber are all found and listed, then there are ~4 lines of “Unsupported device”

Thank you for all the time you’ve put into this. Do you think there’s any hope left for the 950Q? Any more logs I can provide or tests I can run?

A user reported this as working in July and I reintroduced support to the 4.9 kernel.

First thing I’d check is if the VID/PID is the same as the other user in that thread as you may have a different or newer revision of the tuner.

I apologize, I’m unable to tell the VID/PID of the other user’s hardware as it seems that log link is expired (I get a ‘Document not found’ error) and I’m not finding it in the posts. However, based on the thread title I think you’re correct, I have a different device, that user indicates a 955Q whereas my devices are 950Q. The VID/PID for my devices is 2040/7200