Vero 2 Blank Video Playback after 04/17 Update

Same here …

ran your suggested commands with the following results:

sudo apt-get install -y vero2-image-3.10.104-15-osmc
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.       
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
vero2-image-3.10.104-15-osmc ist schon die neueste Version.
vero2-image-3.10.104-15-osmc wurde als manuell installiert festgelegt.

translation for the last two lines:
    vero2-image-3.10.104-15-osmc ist already the newest version.
    vero2-image-3.10.104-15-osmc was set as manually intalled.

“Videos will play but sometimes take a few start and stops to see picture.”

exactly the same for me!

cheers
bendsch

did install and reboot - the problem persits

there are my logs: http://paste.osmc.tv/sakowoqewo

Hi Bensch,

shot in the dark here, but I’ve got a similar setup with nfs & mysql and I’ve just done a playback on mine and checked the logs and I don’t get this:

19:41:58.308 T:2789868528 WARNING: Unable to query optimizer_switch: 'MyVideos107'

This comes up several times, when you try to play a video.

Just for testing what happens if you disable MyVideoDB and reboot? does the issue still persist?

Thanks Tom.

i got this warning message long befor updating to the most recent version. it has to do with the old mysql version on my old nas. however it ist just a warning and it never had any noticeable impact …

yes they played fine before.

the black screen comes up randomly ever 3 or 4 attempts playing a movie file.

Hi,

Your logs indicate you are having this issue with an addon which kodi has blacklisted, please see this list for more info. We can’t help with resolving the issue with banned addon.

Does the issue persist for the local files, if you remove this addon.

Thanks Tom.

oh ok, i did not know “tvaddons repo” is blacklisted, removed it, rebooted but the issue persists.

Hi,

I was referring to addon, not just the repo. Did you read the full list?

Thanks Tom.

checked again and found two other addons. but issue still persists!

19:42:51.318 T:2301043696 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

I’m seeing this when with video being played from your NAS. If you play the file locally (either copy to sd card or a usb drive), can you reproduce the issue.

Thanks Tom.

Hi there,

Unfortunately we’ve had to remove your thread from public viewing because it mentions a pirate addon, repository or website. We cannot provide any support for piracy. You should seek support from the developer of the addon or provider of the repo.

To get a better idea of our piracy policy, please see this link here FAQ - OSMC Forums You are welcome to edit your post and request for it to be re-listed at anytime.

Thank you for your understanding

Hi Bendsch,

I’ve separated your topic out for now, can you please edit your posts here as requested by Sam and request re listing.

Thanks Tom.

Try:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall -y vero2-image-3.10.104-15-osmc

Just to confirm: the affected video files played fine with the previous version of OSMC?

Sam

no problem, i was not even using the addons in question …

yes i am pretty sure! the playback fails randomly i can try with the same file a few times and some times it will work others the black screen will appear …

Okay, I will look in to this for you

thanx a lot!