Vero 2 freezing (on black screen) when i click "stop" to exit a show/movie

Hi

I only saw the post today – when you edit your post, it doesn’t give me a notification.

I can’t see this being a configuration issue if everything is a fresh install out of the box.

Are you saying that you do not experience freezing if you disable passthrough?

Sam

no sorry, I was referring to a seperate issue which i’d bought up earlier in the thread stating how i would sometimes lose sound.

I was providing an update on that as i’d discovered a “workaround”.

ah ok, damn. So no other suggestions for testing that you can tell from the log?

Should I do a fresh install? If i do a fresh install is it possible to keep my “watched list” somehow so i dont have to go through everything again?

The idea of a fresh install would be to bring nothing over. If you have a fairly comprehensive watch list, this would suggest at one point the device was working reasonably well? Do you remember anything about when it was?

It really sounds like your device or power supply is problematic if you’re having these problems even when not connected with a network cable.

Sam

ok an update.

been going 3 days without a single issue.

I went through all the settings and changed what i think could possibly be causing issues.

notable things were I turned VSync off and I turned off that 3d stereoscopic thing which strangely was on by default.

i’ll update in a few days and let you know if its still going fine and give more specific details on what i’ve changed for future reference to yourselves and to anybody reading this thread that may have similar issues.

Hopefully you have worked it out
Keep us posted