Vero 4k and LG OLED Remote Control

Might be due to the recent firmware update according to: CEC doesn't work with LG C9

Hmm I see. That’s a shame. The vero remote is ok but I miss some keys as the tv guide and the numbers pad to quickly change the iptv channels. I guess i have to wait a bit to see if LG fixes it…

However, the remote does work the amazon fire stick…

Moreover, it seems the TV is detected (I guess). Here is some log from libcec

Can you upload the full output of cec-client | paste-log?

The cec-client command was not exiting so the pipe to the paste-log tool was blocking. I saved the cec log to a file and then (for some a minute or so) and the fed that to paste-log. Hope this is enough:

https://paste.osmc.tv/exenibuvej

So, I got CEC working. My LG tv was doing some automatic configuration and it was seeing my vero as a bluray player as you can configure in the device configurator menu. When using the device configurator I think the CEC won’t be used. I could somehow (the menu on the TV is a bit confusing…) revert this configuration done by the TV and now the remote works. The problem now is that LG exposes just a small subset of keys of the remote via CEC:(. It’s a pitty that the numeric pad is not being exposed…

Try changing the role of the Vero - it may expose more keys

Sam

What type of device did you set the Vero as? I’m trying to get CEC working on my C9 without any luck so far.

I believe his issue was trying to program the magic remote in the first place which disabled the CEC for that device. Completely resetting the TV settings I believe turned CEC back on.

I believe his issue was trying to program the magic remote in the first place which disabled the CEC for that device. Completely resetting the TV settings I believe turned CEC back on.

Exactly.

Moreover, what was happening for me was that LG was automatically setting/seeing Vero as a blue-ray player. So, things start to work for me when I go to the device configurator, go to the blue-ray devices and reset my hdmi port… So, the following works for me:

• remove the hdmi cable from the TV and remove power for both Vero and LG;
  • Wait a bit and then plug everything back. Not sure if it matters, but I turned Vero in last;
  • Then, the TV automatically sets Vero as blue-ray;
  • Go to the device configurator and reset the hdmi port.

I read somewhere that it is possible to also have the numbers to work, using a flirc. I guess with Vero we would not need one since there is a built in IR receiver. I’m also not sure if we need a conf file for the remote itself. Maybe I will give this a try in the future…

1 Like