Vero 4k and xbox one remote

https://paste.osmc.tv/urufenilaq.rb

mode2 lets you see output of presses.
You should see consistency in the pulses. If not – something is off.

Do you have any other IR remote, like a 360 remote to test with temporarily? Not suggesting it as a replacement but to test with and check you get consistent results

Sam

no sam - i have no other remote.

I am not really sure what else to suggest. There don’t seem to be other
users experiencing remote issues with the latest version.

I assume that you recorded the profile with irrecord. Can you try
pasting the output of mode2?

Sam

mode2:

https://paste.osmc.tv/izimigalaw.hs

The KEY_VOLUMEUP and KEY_VOLUMEDOWN vary too much in pulses/spaces.

Unfortunately without one of these remotes it’s hard for me to speculate what the issue
may be. The problem is I am worried that making any further changes will only break things
for the other remote users who are now experiencing no problems.

Just to confirm: the remote works fine if you double click still?

No… As i wrote after the recovery install i don’t need no longer double click.

But it has worked before the update… and that is a factum.
I have no “extra” installs - only the rapier theme and the analog soundcard via usb…

I understand that – but I’m not sure what has changed to cause this behaviour. Before some of the updates, a lot of users experienced some problems with IR remotes. I now believe these issues are largely fixed (Harmony, 360, DirecTV remotes etc).

So now, if I understand correctly, some of the buttons work correctly, but two do not? That seems strange. Do the other buttons show more consistent mode2 output?

Yes all keys are working normally ecxept Vol_UP Vol_Down Channel_UP, Channel_Down.

Remarkable… when you start irrecord you must press all keys and you see the result as dot on the screen - EXCEPT vol up vol down / channel up channel down.

The next interesting thing is the format of the conf file:

https://paste.osmc.tv/nugitecuwa.rb

Thanks for clarifying. I will see if I can think of a workaround, but need to be careful not to affect other users. There must be something different about the behaviour of these buttons

Sam

Hi!
I have the same issue with VolumeUp VolumeDown Buttons. They won´t respond, it seems the system doesnt even recognise them. (No wake up, etc.). I did use irrecord to manually map the XBox One Remote, all buttons were recognised and saved as wanted. The buttons worked fine on RPi3 (LE).

I turn my lights on and off with these buttons, so i had to map this function to some other buttons. Basically i have two buttons without any function on my remote for now… And I dont want that since this remote is one of the best for any Kodi device. :grin:

PS: Another thing i noticed: I mapped the “star”-button on the xbox remote (which is basically the button for context menus…) to get into ‘Informations’ quickly.

<keymap>  
 <videos>
	<remote>
		<star>Info</star>
	</remote>
 </videos>
</keymap>

This function did work on LE, but nothing happening in OSMC. Other mapped functions do work. (Scripts for switching lights, Show hardware info, etc).

Cant figure those little things out. Its annoying :roll_eyes:

Noone here with a Xbox remote?

Can anyone tell me why VolUp and VolDown key wont work? I did map the remote with irrecord and those buttons seemed to be recognized. System doesnt respond to presses…

Hi,

If the button presses are recognised you could trying mapping them with the keymap editor:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

Thanks Tom.

Ok, tried that but no function. Btw, the editor did recognize the presses…

Here´s the keymap remote.xml i wrote:

<keymap>
<global>
	<remote>
		<power>ActivateWindow(Home)</power>	
		<volumeplus>RunScript(/storage/.kodi/userdata/lightON.py)</volumeplus>
		<volumeminus>RunScript(/storage/.kodi/userdata/lightOFF.py)</volumeminus>
	</remote>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
	<remote>
		<back>SmallStepBack</back>
		<pageminus>AudioNextLanguage</pageminus>
		<pageplus>NextSubtitle</pageplus>
	</remote>

</FullscreenVideo>
<Home>
    <remote>
		<pageplus>ActivateWindow(SystemInfo,Hardware)</pageplus>
		<star>Info</star>
	</remote>
</Home>
<videos>
	<remote>
		<star>Info</star>
	</remote>
</videos>

The only function which works is the ‘pageplus’ function on the homescreen… All other function do not work and I don´t know why. The star button also doesnt work and isn´t recognized by the system either as I just found out…

Edit: I know its the wrong path to the pyton script… the keymap editor hast just overwritten my file…

Hi The keymap editor, if you press the star button; what button is reported as being pressed?

As for the volume buttons, I would test if kodi can run the scripts with no issues first. I think this can be done:

kodi-send --action='RunScript("/path/to/lightON.py)' from the command-line.

Thanks Tom.

Python script does work on different button as I recently tested.

How can i see what button is reported in the editor? I cant find it.

Turn on debug logging in Kodi. Then SSH in and run tail ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log while pressing remote buttons.

The first post marks this topic solved per #40 but there seems to be issues? I have an xbox one remote as well and would like to get it working so maybe I can try a few of these steps out as well and report back.

I believe the issue was resolved for the original poster who opened the thread. We can of course help you get up and running. What issue are you experiencing?