Vero 4k crashing scrolling through movies

Or use the Library function as I assume this only happens when in Video Files mode not in Library mode, or?

No, it also crashes in library mode :frowning:

Than it should not be a OOM issue. Do you have a log of it crashing in Library mode?

There’s still a lag but using the Aeon silvo skin scrolling through movie list doesn’t auto generate sad face for the past couple days.
That said, I still can’t watch a high bit rate 4k file all the way through without the box freezing and stuttering.
I applied the update from a few days ago. I still have to reboot or hard power or down repeatedly.
Cpu usage pinned at 100%.
I’ve had to reboot 3 times now trying to finish a 40gb 4k movie.
I’ve pasted logs at least 3 times. Is this a kodi issue or a Vero issue?
I didn’t have these issues on 18…i.cant recall if downgrading was possible, if so can someone pls post the steps?
If not, I have a Vero that isn’t useable.

You can install the November 2020 version which is the latest version.

How are you watching these movies? If it’s using an add-on, it’s possible the issue is being introduced by the add-on.

Just via Movies, using the Aeon Silvo skin. No add-ons other than standard helper add-ons, skin helper, etc.
All via enclosures, and powered USB hub.
At the beginning of this thread and I did cycle through about 4 or 5 skins, the Osmc included, and was able to reproduce most issues, the high usage as well.
If I’m able to figure out the downgrade, I’ll report back on results.
If the downgrade takes care of this issue, what does that tell us?
Kodi matrix memory issue or Vero related? Or combo?

This has nothing to do with add-ons. It’s an issue with the Vero unit crashing whenever you scroll through movies stored on either a powered external drive or drive powered by a USB hub. The fault occurs in both library mode and video list mode. The only time the fault doesn’t occur is when accessing movies via Settings File Manager.

As the primary function of the Vero is to play media files, this is very frustrating… :grimacing:

Issue is not resolved, freezing has resurfaced scrolling through tv shows now.
I haven’t had time to research how to downgrade to see if a that will fix this , has there been any progress on a root cause or solution for this?

I can appreciate that.

I did build a dummy library today to try and reproduce an issue but was unable to do so.

My understanding is that this is an upstream Kodi issue, but I’d like to get this solved if I’m able to do so. Is it possible to export a sizeable library and upload the database somewhere so I can import it and reproduce the issue?

This will confirm the issue, and as I won’t have the videos, it will also confirm that the crash is not caused by thumbnail / metadata extraction from the files themselves.

Cheers

Sam

Thanks Sam - i’ve not done it before but will have a go. Do you think 190 movie files (650gb) would be enough? Also is Single File export method the best way to go?

Try the following:
Disable thumbnail extraction
Settings->Media->Extract Thumbnail from Videos

This solved it for me on Vero 4K+, the devices got out of memory when browsing the Movies list. Most likely connected to one or more corrupted/iffy mkv-files

We would just need the database - not the files

Removing files out of the equation will confirm if it is indeed a Kodi issue or a corrupt file.

Sam, I can give you whatever you need.

Backup of my MySQL db? No problem.

Vpn access to my network with credentials so you can access the DB AND the files? Sure.

Let me know what you want/need

That made no difference on my devices (Vero 4K+)

Has there been any progress on this one? I’ve been working overtime lately have a wife going though chemo so real life is pretty hectic, I don’t have much time or energy for troubleshooting these days sorry.
Getting pretty frequent sad faces these days so I restart the box each day before we start watching stuff to try to avoid that.

We would just need the database - not the files

Removing files out of the equation will confirm if it is indeed a Kodi issue or a corrupt file.

No – but Kodi v19.4 is around the corner. I haven’t seen anything that would address this however.

So if i’m understanding this correctly… it’s potentially a memory leak in Kodi?

I have this issue on all 3 of my devices (2x4k and 1x4k+) i was close to ditching them until i found this thread…

I get long hangs when scrolling tv shows and movies and atleast once a day it’ll smiley face on me… I even stripped back any addons i had running and tried several skins with no luck…

My debug log just seems to stop and not really show anything useful that i can spot :

That’s only the Kodi log with would not show the OOM. Upload full logs via MyOSMC log uploader.

I’m getting the sad face and lockups daily now. Cpu usage at 100% and cpu temp at 99C with no media playing.
Have to reboot before watching any larger files and 4k material.