Timeline highlighting bug in EPG

I will test it with another skin and let you know. Thanks for checking.

hi!

I checked it quickly, same happens on the other skin as well. Itā€™s happening only on the timeline view.

This is probably a Kodi bug then, should be reported on the Kodi forums

fyi, Iā€™m using Vero 4K with two USB Sundtek TV Tuners and TVHeadend.
USB Tuners and two 1TB HDDs connected to Vero 4k via powered USB hubs.

Itā€™s running 24/7 (since last week) and itā€™s super-fast, and super-stable.

I think the issue now isnā€™t stability / freezing, but rather this highlighting issue.

ok - I havenā€™t noticed that highlighting issue. Tho, we donā€™t really use
that feature. Iā€™ll double-check later.

sorry but iā€™m not a dev i have no clue what is kodi and what should be reported and where.

iā€™m an osmc user, purchased a vero 4k that is not working and i reported the problem on the official forum.

please fix it, as it might affect others as well

Yes, but if you buy a laptop from Dell, you must seek support from Apple when iTunes has a functional issue. There is nothing OSMC can do to remedy the situation, only Kodi developers have the power to make such changes in their software.

You can report your issue here Kodi Community Forum - PVR & Live TV Support

Are you only experiencing the cosmetic issue with the timeline, or is there also another problem.

We will take a look at this.

Sam

this is not a software i downloaded, i just turned on my device and it is not workingā€¦ completely different story.

if you need an analogy, if i buy an apple laptop and the nvidia gpu has issues, iā€™m not posting issues on nvidiaā€™s forum, but calling apple to fix it. Or if Safari has problems Apple doesnā€™t try to redirect me to webkit.org to post my problem there, because they also just using some buggy version.

you make this already annoying issue a terrible user experience :S

I wonā€™t post anything anywhere elseā€¦ let me know the refund policy and i might send it back, thatā€™s my plan B.

cosmetical issue + the channels are also slipped verticallyā€¦

Just checked mine.
I donā€™t have that vertical line problem.
Itā€™s working perfectly for me

That was using estuary (default Kodi Skin).
If I switch to OSMC skin, then I can see the white vertical line.
It doesnā€™t look like a fault to me. Just looks a bit different.

As I said earlier in the thread, the white line represents the current time and so shows how far through each program is. Weā€™re going to look at modifying its appearance for the next skin update.

His main complaint I think is that when he scrolls up and down, the channel names on the left, remain lit as if ā€œselectedā€. If heā€™s the only user affected, then it sounds like something a re-install would likely fixā€¦

Ok I can reproduce it. If I scroll down, the highlight doesnā€™t scroll. Instead I get multiple lines highlighted (6 in this screenshot).

However, with a bit of pressing up and down, it starts to work again, i.e. the highlight will scroll up and down.

If you just keep pressing down it will sort of reset itself and starts working properly again.

exactly

Hello

We will report this bug upstream (if itā€™s an upstream bug), and Iā€™ll take a look at resolving it.

When it is resolved it will be fixed in a future update. There is no need for you to contact anyone else.

1 Like

:thumbsup: thanks Sam!

This is now fixed in the following commit:

and will be available shortly.