Vero 4K General Discussion

any progress on the 8-bit issue? I’m ready to test whenever…

Which 8-bit issue? There are some colour improvements that will come in the near future and fix dithering issues.

When it’s ready for testing there will be a post. Still trying to enjoy the last couple of days of my holiday.

Sam

2 Likes

Enjoy your holiday Sam. No need for osmc on the beach :grin:

1 Like

Didn’t realize you were on holiday. No time pressure, just referring to the issue where 10bit content is sent to 10bit capable displays at 8bit due to some problem detecting the display’s capabilities.

I’m building some new fixes for that and will have a test thread available shortly

2 Likes

@sam_nazarko I am from India and planning to buy a Vero 4k. You mentioned that in future there is a plan to dual boot Android based on demand. May I know whose that’s going to happen?? Because I need Android to watch content from Amazon ,YouTube etc…

Why would you need Android for that? Kodi does this without any issue or is there a feature in Kodi youtube addon that you are missing.

Well let’s keep fingers crossed that we will have stable Kodi18 in 2018 supporting Amazon and Netflix

Currently I am using osmc on Rpi 3. In that in the official YouTube add-on, some of the video hangs or not playing continuously…is this a codec issue?? Vero 4k will do this without any issues??
Also dlna client support is more stable in Vero 4k because of the powerful hardware??
Will you ship a India spec power adapter of I order one?
Also how many days it would take to ship it to India?

Generally playback of youtube upto HD should be similar between Pi3 and Vero4k. Hanging youtube for me sounds more like a throughput issue you might want to check debug enabled logs to figure that out.

AFAIK the DLNA instability is a software issue and will not change by different hardware

Hello

Unfortunately we no longer ship to India because of problems with the postal service, India Post International. The delivery times were found to be unacceptable by our customers in India and even when we paid customs duties on our side, we found customers being billed at their end as well.

If you have friends or family who can take delivery of the order elsewhere, we can arrange this for you. We appreciate that there is a growing market in India and we want to serve that market in the near future, but for now it is not possible. We could not promise our customers timely delivery without additional charges; which unfortunately meant we had to withdraw from the market.

We are looking for resellers.

Thanks for your understanding

Sam

Ok Thanks for your reply.

Currently I am using osmc on Rpi 3. I’m playig movies, tv series from Synology NAS, without any issue (on wired LAN). Should I buy a vero4k player if I don’t have 4k content yet? I mean is it worth to spend twice as much on vero4k?
In a year I’ll buy a new 4K tv, but I’m a bit confused about buying new player before the new tv comes…
Please help me about make the right decision, pros and cons.

I own a Vero4K and don’t have a 4K TV either. I was in the market for a new player so it was either going to an RPI3 or a Vero4K. I choose the 4K as I like the project, I like that it is prepared for when I should move to 4K/HEVC/HDR. Haven’t regretted my decision.

In your case you already have an RPI3. Buying a Vero now would not offer you much more than you already have so I’d stick with what you have. And when time comes and you need 4K/HEVC you should check the market (and Vero) again.

2 Likes

Using a Vero 4k with a 1080p TV as well and I moved up from a RPi3. I was especially looking for HD audio passthrough which is working here like a charme. Also, the interface and everything is so much faster and stable than on the RPi3 - my Pi is still in use and crashes quite often simply because of too many tasks…

But the main argument for the Vero 4k is that it’s future proof and you don’t have to care what format the files you’re playing are. You can just feed it anything and it will play it. If you happen to have a HEVC or even a 4k HDR file… You can just play it. Even on a 1080p TV :+1:t2:

The community and support are THE argument for OSMC in general. Haven’t seen and experienced better!

And no, I’m not working for OSMC… :wink: Have just become a real fan.

6 Likes

+1. Enough said. Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks for all. I had just lost an ebay auction on vero4k (80EUR) but decided to buy the gadget anyway and sell my pi3 because it’s still famous and I can get a fair price for it. Christmas is coming, so maybe that 4K screen comes earlier to my house :slight_smile: so… I think I do what I have to do…join the vero4k community :slight_smile:
Is there any sale/coupon for vero4k, that I can use?

1 Like

You’re in luck! The Black Friday deal is still on (only today). You can grab a Vero 4k for just £99 over at the OSMC store: Store - OSMC

Just joined the owners club :slight_smile: “Thank you. Your order has been received.”

4 Likes

Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face: Enjoy your Vero 4k…

I’m interested in the Vero 4 as I’ve been a happy OSMC user for a few years now. Before I hit the “Buy it now” button I’ve a question.

My current setup is a Pi3 with Flirc. The Flirc is on a usb extension and sit under my TV and the Pi3 is hidden away. I also use the Flirc with a Logitech remote.

If I hide the Vero away can I continue to use the Flirc or must I use the Vero remote?