Vero 4K General Discussion

The Vero4k comes with a internal as well as external IR Reciever. So you can hide it behind the TV and use your existing IR remotes

1 Like

Thank you. Now ordered. Looks like my brother inherits an upgrade to a Pi3 :smiley:

Thomasā€¦

This is most fun ! ā€¦

I just ordered one yesterdayā€¦ looks like we was born neerds :sunglasses:

Rgds; Jesper.

Funny to meet you her old friend :slight_smile:

Yep, I have two of them, amazing device it plays just about everything that you throw at it.
Iā€™m sure that you will be happy with it.

Cool Thomasā€¦ It started back with the Commodore64 in the 80ā€™ (the time where stranger things was true/real!, and we are not done yet :slight_smile:

Anyway, i wonā€™t spoil this threadā€¦

Marry X-mas thereā€¦

Rgds; Jesper.

1 Like

Hi Sam, Iā€™d like to know if it would be feasible to supply enough power via Vero 4kā€™s USB ports to this device (https://audioengineusa.com/setupguides/B1%20quickstart%20guide-web.pdf ) which according to the specs needs 5V, 200mAh of input power?

Yes, if those are the real power requirements (I have no reason to distrust them), then that should be fine

I had enough of this so I built my own furniture.

It basically has a hidden compatrement (grey) in the back with like 10cm to put many power-strips (red) so that cables (green) from all devices go through a thin wall ( not pictured) and into the strips, then these cables (blue) (and othersā€¦coming from projector etc, can come up through just these v-shaped cutouts in the bottom and this way I can shove the whole thing clean against the back wall!

It also sports some ā€œinvisibleā€ feets to get that floating look.

I also have 2pcs of 140mm noctua fans fitted in the thin white fakewall behind all the devices in 2 of the compartements. I just cut the wire and bought wallwarts with custom volts to set the speed so it has low noice (non audible), it really got down the noise from the ps4!

Here is what it looks like irl:

3 Likes

Nice install!

1 Like

I am having a hard time figuring out whether Vero 4K supports Dolby Vision playback. This is the first thread on Google for the topic, so perhaps someone has an answer in here?

Thatā€™s what is in the description:

In addition to 192Khz PCM, Vero 4K supports 7.1 channel lossless passthrough of major audio formats, including DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS: X, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Atmos. And with support for optical audio and analogue audio out, youā€™ll hear things youā€™ve never heard before whatever your setup.

Canā€™t tell about Dolby Vision playback.

IMHO they just brought out a new standard as the old gets out of Patent protection?

Quote from Sam to the question whether DV is open source and can be implemented: ā€œNo, itā€™s closed source.ā€ So, wonā€™t ever be supported by the Vero 4K.

We could add support in future hardware iterations, but it doesnā€™t seem that thereā€™s enough demand to do this yet. Itā€™s something weā€™re keeping an eye on, but it may be a format that is dead in the water because everything in the chain needs HDCP and DoVi certification.

But I paid in full in advance. If you canā€™t deliver, what about the money I paid. Please inform me about the refund. Please consider.

I have replied to your other thread. We would simply offer a full refund if we canā€™t ship the item. You wouldnā€™t be out of pocket

1 Like

Thanks for promt reply. I have been wating for your message. You can send it through Blue Dart DHL or Aramex Courier service, which give service in my area. If UPS deliver the product, what will be the cost? Please donā€™t cancel the order. I want the Vero 4K badly. Please arrange something. I will be grateful. I might be able to bear some extra cost. Thanking you.

Thanks for promt reply. I have been wating for your message. You can send it through Blue Dart DHL or Aramex Courier service, which give service in my area. If UPS deliver the product, what will be the cost? Please donā€™t cancel the order. I want the Vero 4K badly. Please arrange something. I will be grateful. I might be able to bear some extra cost. Thanking you.

Well then. Kind of wish Iā€™d put off upgrading for an extra year now.

1 Like

Unfortunately if you wait for the next thing you can be waiting for a long time.

Sam

1 Like