Vero 4k - good for Netflix and Amazon Prime?

Hi,

In general, how good is the Vero 4k for watching Netflix and Amazon Prime? Half (at least) of the stuff I watch is on these two, the other half is from a NAS via uPnP. The ‘smart’ blu ray player I have plays the latter fine, but the former has audio dropouts on animated shows (weirdly), so I want something that does a better job (and open source is nice too!). I’ve read that Kodi v18 that Netflix is supported (Amazon as well?). is it stable?

Thanks,

Cam

Please use the search function of the forum… DRM protected streaming (Netflix and Amazon Prime) has been covered sufficiently on the forum.

Looking at the latest (Feb 4) release notes and the forums, the current release situation is: you need to upgrade to an Alpha release of Kodi (Leia, v18), to get Netflix and Amazon working. Any changes to DRM by Netflix/Amazon may break things. There are however some minor cosmetic issues that don’t affect playback, and it will play at 720p maximum, though there may be an upgrade to 1080p later on. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Cam

Yes.

Great, thanks!

Please mark this as solved, if your question is sufficiently answered, so that others interested in this can find this as a solved thread.