Vero 4k iptv issues after August update

I shouldn’t have… How can I check it?

The only thing I have done to install the august update was to apply an hot fix in the My OSMC plugin because doing the manual update check was giving me nothing to update. Is this related?

Thanks!

If you post some logs, we can see if that repository is active.

Sam

Can you check it with this?

https://paste.osmc.tv/oxojagoxec.xml

It’s the original logs I uploaded when reporting this issue. Nothing should have changed on my system since then…

Thanks!

“should have” doesn’t mean anything. Upload current logs otherwise this is meaning less

1 Like

Ok, in another words… I’m pretty sure it hasn’t unless osmc is doing something behind my back. And looking at the logs and the apt sources there’s no dev repo…

Anyways, yesterday I got home and I double checked my installed version and it is still 19.1 and the August update. So, I don’t really know what was installed Sunday :). Hence, you can disregard my comments about this still not working with 19.2. The thing about HW acceleration still holds true though…

Sorry for the noise!

@sam_nazarko, just curious… Is the plan still upgrade to 19.2 or are we already jumping to 19.3?

• Nuno Sá

We will update to Kodi v19.3.

Does any timeline exist for this release? My 2pcs. Vero4k+ lay around since one year, waiting and waiting for v19 and after testing the August release … they lay around. Again. Same waiting now for v19.3 … hoping, that live TV issues (mine are with tvh) are gone. I never thought I would go back to Kodi on FireTV and AndroidTV … but it’s reality.
I’m aware, that a little company cannot produce new releases like “on an assembly line”, but a little bit more transparency on what we can expect would be great.

Best regards
Oh-Bee

v19.3 on OSMC was released two days ago?

Not in the downloads …
Because this and my devices are not in use, I could not see this. Will test now.

Images always come a couple of days later

I realized. My contribution at that time was a stupid coincidence.
Thx

Seems that the (here) discussed issues are gone with 19.3 update.
Thanks for this release.

Oh-Bee

You can always install the latest version on the Downloads page and update.

I’ve just updated and rebooted.

The issue is totally NOT fixed. There is no difference in behavior. PVR plays at 50% speed.

I’ll probably buy something else, I’ve been without live TV for over 2 months now.

And now I deleted my Kodi config, reconfigured and it started working properly. So whatever was there, it was affecting PVR.

I’ve also done a clean new install …
Maybe this is a “must” … for me this is annoying but acceptable.

Hmm, I will try to move my .kodi folder and start over to see if the issues ared fixed for me… As for now things look the same. However, as I’m trying a new provider, I saw that some h264 streams are now working and interesting enough, the ones that do not work are encoded with AAC. This led me to:

There are some threads in different plugins around this but I’m not sure if any conclusion came out of it. Anyways, hopping that a clean kodi setup fixes this for me as well.

• Nuno Sá

Unfortunately, a clean kodi start does not solve it. It seems there’s huge issues with AAC based streams. I might try to test this on a firestick to see the result but this seems to be more of a kodi issue rather than Vero…

@Oh-Bee,

This means, you did a fresh sdcard install or you just wiped all your kodi config? Anyways, I’m not too optimistic regarding a fresh install…

• Nuno Sá

I did a fresh sdcard install.
Cannot confirm underlying KODi problems, because I could use KODi on FireTV and Android Smart-TV (19.1 - 19.3) without the problems I had with Vero4k+
My problems were only with LiveTV (I use tvheadend) … no probs with movies/tvshows coming from various sources (incl. Emby / Plex)