Vero 4k iptv issues after August update

Some more updates on this one… I have a done a fresh install of OSMC on my rpi2 and the issue is the same. It seems to be related with streams that are AAC encoded. All the other streams work fine. On top of this, things work fine on my x86 laptop with plain kodi and on the 4k amazon stick. So, at this point I’m not sure if this is not an OSMC related issue or maybe an issue with ffmpeg on arm32 (even though I think my fire stick is also running on 32bits).

I will see if I can try a fresh install on vero in the next few days but at this point I have almost no hope that will change something…

It would be nice to see some light on the end of the tunnel for this one as i don’t really want to use the stick on my main TV

• Nuno Sá

Which version of Kodi are you running on the stick and laptop?

19.3 on both… Don’t think it matter much but on the laptop I’m running kodi on Fedora.

Ok, Unfortunately as I was already expecting, a clean install did not solved the issue. Just went back to Leia for the time being. This is naturally a temporary thing and I hope this gets fixed soon so I can update again…

FWIW, there’s this thread in kodi:

which can be related to this issue even though the issue here is on Android (which probably means 32 bit arm)…

• Nuno Sá

A number of playback improvements will come next month – so we can look at it then if it’s still problematic.

1 Like

Very disappointing but unfortunately this is still problematic. At this point it looks very unlikely that this is an issue with kodi… As I said, things work perfectly fine on my x86 laptop and on firestick.

For the time being I’m going back to the last image with Leia which works. I’m still hopeful that we will eventually have this fixed but it’s starting to get a bit frustrating.

• Nuno Sá

Hi Nuno,

We are working on a number of video improvements and will pay attention to IPTV issues.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Just let me know if there’s anything I can do to help (like testing nightly builds)… I was having a great experience with my vero until the matrix update. And I was really expecting that update to get catch up support in pvr simple IPTV. So, very frustrating… Oh well, hopefully you guys can figure this out soon enough.

Just as a quick reminder, this looks to be related with AAC audio encoded streams (at least on IPTV)…

@sam_nazarko, is there already anything worth testing in nightly?

There will be a test thread in the near future which you might be interested in.

Alright… just let me know :).

Just for testing, I also want to give this a try on a rpi4 using other distro as librelec. I suspect this is also an issue for them and is related with 32bit arm. Is there any easy way to have a 64bit osmc (just for testing this thing) build? I know RPI already provides 64bit userland builds but I suspect I will have to manually build kodi in order to have matrix…

• Nuno Sá

For Bullseye I am making sure we also build everything for 64-bit and may release some test images

This means that Widevine will not work however.

Yeah, after some googling I found out that Widevine is one of the reasons why everyone is keeping 32bit builds. But having the 64bit builds even if only to sanity check this thing will be nice (and maybe for all the users that don’t care about having netflix and related services)