Vero 4K+ Issues and questions

Well, the really slow scraping is still there, despite the network and internet performance.

Today, I noticed that one of the TV shows, “What We Do in The Shadows” did not find any episodes, so I went to manage, and told it to refresh the information. It took about 45 seconds for it to find the show, then it took about 4 minutes to scrape the 10 episodes in the folder.

I switched to my Fire Cube, which is connected to the same TV, and the same network switch, and did the same thing, to the same TV show. It found the show in less than 2 seconds, and scraped the episodes in 3~4 seconds.

So, I had just finished compiling the last season of Picard and added it to my NAS, I first tried the Fire Cube. Went to the show folder and told it to scan for new content. It was done in 5 seconds (stopwatch in hand).

I switched over to the Vero, enabled logging, and did the same thing. It wasn’t as bad as What We Do in The Shadows, but it still took 50 seconds.

I uploaded the logs to https://paste.osmc.tv/dekeyatahu

And since I was looking at Star Trek shows, just for fun, I thought I’d try to completely re-scrape Star Trek the original series, 3 seasons, 82 episodes.

Fire Cube: 31 seconds, including the reaction time to select the correct show from the list (The TVDB puts Star Trek: The Roddenberry Vault at the top)

Vero 4K+: 6 minutes, 2 seconds, includng the selection time.

Another thing I noticed is that the Fire Cube TVDB scraper found a lot of more entries (11 of them), whereas the Vero TVDB scraper found only 2.

I looked at the 2 add-ons. The one on the FireCube is 3.2.8. The one on the Vero says The TVDB (New) and it’s version 1.0.3. So I downloaded the TVDB (New) on the FireCube and had it scrape the Star Trek folder. It took 1 minute 17 seconds to scrape the folder, which I thought it was long, so I did it again: The second time it took 1:13, so it is a lot slower than the “older” script, but even so, it’s substantially faster than how it runs on the Vero.

Last but not least, I noticed that TV scraping on the Fire Cube also downloaded the actor thumbnails, so I enabled it on the Vero as well and re-scraped. Even though it’s enabled, it doesn’t show the actors at all. The area on the right, were actor photos are supposed to be, is blank. It does scrape actor photos for movies, but not TV shows. Is this by design?

So I’m having a lot of issues with TV show scraping, and I need some guidance here.

Edit: Since I posted this, I also tried the TMDB TV scraper on that Star Trek TOS folder, it wasn’t that much better (5:45), and the TVDB v4 (6:10).