Vero 4K+ Issues and questions

Perhaps, you can compare the sraper settings in use among the systems and find there the reason for this behaviour. Here are mine (ok, I’m German)

HI there, Thanks for taking the time to respond. I looked at the settings you provided, and I must say that I didn’t think about trying TheMovieDB (TMDB)) ofr this. I had tried the TVDB, as well as TMDB for TV shows, but not the movie DB, I would have thought those are accessing separate databases.

Nevertheless, the problem persists on my machine. Besides Rapier, I had also tried the OSMC skin and the default Estuary, and they all have the same problem.

Yes, the Rapier skin is the same as the one you downloaded, 12.3.5, but what is different is the Linux kernel and OSMC. You have:

Linux osmc-vero4kplus 4.9.269-26-osmc
vero3-mediacenter-osmc 19.5.0-16

I have

Linux osmc-vero4kplus 4.9.269-21-osmc
vero3-mediacenter-osmc 19.5.0-15

You can take a look here at one of my logs: https://paste.osmc.tv/ezeduxosus

Is there a way to do an in place update to the same version as yours? The version I have is what came with the Vero Unit I bought a month ago.

I just checked in My OSMC, and I have automatic updates turned on, but I tried to do a manual update and it says there are no new updates available.

Oh sorry, my fault: Of course I’m running the default ‘TMBb TV Shows’ scraper for TV shows on that system. Here are the settings for this using the Rapier skin:

I’ve my doubts that using a newer kernel and/or mediacenter solves your issue. I still think this is a configuration item anywhere being responsible for your missing pictures.

Look at this instrcutions to get the development staging but wait for @sam_nazarko 's ok whether this is really a good idea to do so. Of course all on your own risc.

Another drastic method instead of installing a non-release staging could be to remove the Texture db and the Thumbnails folder from the system; the urls to the sources are located in the MyVideo db, so the picture db and the related cache (Thumbnails) should rebuild on next access, see

https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Cache
Chapter: Advanced: delete textures13.db

If there are still pictures missing (urls are meanwhile outdated/have changed), you have to refresh the information of the series/movies/music files
again:

Thank you for the suggestion. I did delete textures13.db, rebooted then refreshed, but no luck, so at this stage, I sort of gave up on the existing installation, I downloaded and installed the latest OSMC image from the website (OSMC_TGT_vero3_20230124.img.gz), and re-installed from scratch.

As soon as it was done, I mapped my TV Shows folder and started scraping it using the TMDB TV Shows scraper. It’s currently still going, but the first 10 or so TV shows all have the correct thumbnails.

So, it appears this may have been some kind of strange configuration. Once this is done, I’ll install my skin, and configure it . We’ll see if that screws anything up.

Edit:
Another welcome benefit of the re-installation is that the scraping speed went way up. It’s now on a par with the CoreElec. The TV Shows folder scanned in about 1 hour 50 minutes. Compare that to the original 6 hours+. So I’m not sure what was wrong with the original instalation, but The re-install seems to have fixed a lot of my original complaints.

The 4K 3D still doesn’t work, but I’m not worried about that, as all the 3D 4K movies I have, I also have as MVC anyway.

So thanks, everyone.

1 Like

The scraping gets much faster if you put the database in a mysql server on another device that is faster. Especially if you have alot of content like you do. The whole displaying of them also gets faster. (and it gets even faster if you tweak the mysql server settings for caching in the software for the database). I have mine on a old i3-3220T with a ssd and 16GB of ram.

I came to the forum today because I am trying to play a 3840x1080 FSBS file and it is playing in 3D but it is cut off on the top and bottom. I am just trying to understand if that is the same issue you are having?

Thanks!