Vero 4K KODI not passing (some) HDR metadata

Great, thanks! Is there a guide on how to install?

There will be when it’s published, yes.

1 Like

Cant wait for the public test!

Hi. Was this ever fixed/solved? Talking about the output of correct 4K HDR Infoframe metadata. Thanks

Yes. This has been solved in the 4.9 kernel.

How do you view the metadata? My JVC projector isn’t showing it as being received, - just blank entries for MaxFALL/CLL.

No idea about on the JVC. I believe we log it in the system journal though.

Not sure I understand how to access that on the fly so I can set my projector up correctly based on 1000/4000nit media.

via ssh journalctl -f

I see… well… I guess that won’t be too useful when I’m just wanting to watch a movie. May as well use MediaInfo at that point! Is there no way to get the info out to the display device?

If MaxCLL/MaxFALL is in the stream, we will send it.

Can you by any chance name a 4K movie that passes that data so I can check? I’ve only tried a few but so far… nothing.

Alita has it

Thanks. Will check shortly.

Nope. Not working here.

Has the JVC ever shown that data?
We are definitely passing through the metadata.

Can you post a log so I can see what software you’re on?

I’m on the January 2020 update. Haven’t installed March yet. And yes, with my OPPO player I get that data. My Apple TV 4K also passes that data and I see it, though I believe it’s not technically correct because the Apple TV maps everything to 1000 or 4000 (I can’t remember which).

Has anyone else gotten this to work?

If you’re on the January 2020 update you haven’t got the 4.9 kernel installed.
Did you follow the 4.9 installation instructions?

Without 4.9, you won’t get MaxFALL or MaxCLL through.

Cheers

Sam

You’ve been living under a rock.

Details are here: [TESTING] Linux 4.9 kernel and improved video stack for Vero 4K / 4K +

HDR10+ and HLG are now supported as well.

1 Like

Good lord…

I think what happened is I read this under the January, 2020 post:

• Add initial support for 4.9 kernel on Vero 4K/4K+

And was like, oh sweet - 4.9 is out. I guess I actually have to do more than just get the January update.