Vero 4K Netflix and Streaming general

Thanks… I asked just now in another thread.
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/can-i-use-netflix-on-my-raspy-osmc/54741/23

Rgds; Jesper.

I use OSMC on the Vero 4K. 720p is working. Today I tried 1080p by changing the settings of the inputstream add-on but the stream (in this case Jessica Jones) was lagging. One kernel was at 100%. The rest also pretty high.

Is there any chance to get 1080p running smoth on the Vero 4K with the Netflix Add-on in the future? Or do I need to change any settings?

You are using an early Alpha build of an experimental feature not developed or supported by the OSMC team. You should take this question up with either the Kodi or the add-on developers.

I thought the main question is if this content (widevine over inputstream add-on) can be played with hardware acceleration. Or do I miss something? Maybe this question can be answered here even if the add-on and the Kodi version I use are alpha.

Because it seems that only with software this will not run smooth.

HW acceleration with Widevine isn’t possible. It’s not allowed by Netflix.

Thanks. Bad to hear. So I will need several devices/boxes to serve all my needs also in the future it seems.

Could someone explain in fairly simple terms for to get Netflix working on the Vero? I’ve installed the latest Kodi 18 Leia. I’ve installed NetflixBMC and it says its installed OK. I’ve entered my login details but when I go to any section its just blank, no titles show up. Please help!

Here is a guide for Netflix on OSMC

Don’t know anything about NetflixBMC, what i googled i got this: This addon is discontinued