Vero 4K Power adapter specifications

Hi,

I’m looking to purchase a replacement power adapter for the Vero 4K as, due to my room configuration and the fact that it cannot be plugged into a gang socket or adapter, the cable on the supplied adapter isn’t long enough for me. I’ve searched though the forums and found this Vero 4k power supply problems - #5 by sam_nazarko I can’t find any mention of the specifications for the plug that goes into the Vero. Please could you let me know this or let me know the link if is info already exists in the forum but I’ve missed it. Additionally, if you know of any adapters that have at least a 2m cord and have been tested to ensure they are of sufficiently high quality for the Vero 4K, that would be great.

Thanks
Chris

That’s just a recommendation. I’d suggest you save your money for now and try it first. Having a longer power cable comes with its own set of problems.

Hi,

I did try plugging the Vero 4K into a 6-gang extension that also has my TV and surround system plugged into it when I first purchased the Vero and the RF unit wouldn’t work. I currently have the device plugged into a 4-gang extension without any other devices attached and it works most of the time but occasionally the video and audio freezes then the audio starts again first and then video runs fast to catch up for maybe a second or two. Thinking about it, could that be a buffering issue rather than a power issue. I am using WiFi and watching full quality blu-ray rips. How can I increase the buffer size to see if this helps?

WiFi might well be your problem; cable is much more reliable. Are you using 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

Altering the size of the video cache is explained here.

I’m using 5GHz. I’ll try increasing the cache and see what happens. It doesn’t happen too frequently so I’ll wait and see if it improves, if I notice any issues I’ll enable the logs and get back to you. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

OSMC isn’t mentioned in the guide so does the advancedsetttings.xml file just go in ~/.kodi/userdata/ ?

Yes

Chris,

Which streaming protocol are you using? Are you playing very high bitrate videos?

First thing I would try would be an Ethernet cable to rule out a network problem.

The PSU specs are:

5V, 2A center positive, 5.5mm OD; 2.1mm ID

Sam

Hi Sam, they’re NFS shares mounted using fstab. The files themselves are 1:1 blu-ray rips. Connecting via Ethernet is an issue as my TV is a long way from my router. I’ll try increasing the cache to see if this helps first otherwise I can try and get a long Ethernet cable for testing. I’ll let you know the outcome :slight_smile:

Cool – keep us posted.

Sam

Just a quick update. I haven’t had any playback issues since adjusting the cache settings. It happens quite sporadically so it’s difficult to say with absolute certainty that it’s resolved the issue. It’s probably best to assume that all is okay unless I post again (with some logs). Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Are these specs the same for the new vero 4k+ ?
I’m asking because I intend to use the vero 4k power supply for the 4k+ because installing that in my furniture installations was a bit fiddly.

Yes.