Vero 4k+ Remote Control Problems

Hi, I’ve started having problems with the remote on a vero 4k+. I’ve tried the re-pairing instructions and replaced the battery in the remote but I’m getting no response on any button presses (the blue led on the remote does briefly light up). OSMC itself is working fine and responds as expected to a Yatse remote running on my old android phone.

My re-pairing experience is:

1. Remove the usb dongle
  2. Press Home and OK simultaneously on the remote. The blue led comes on and stays on. No flashing.
  3. Insert the USB dongle
  4. No change on the remote - no flashing after several seconds. Blue led will eventually go out.
  5. Power cycle the vero - no difference

I have tried inserting the usb dongle into a MacBook pro and a Windows 10 machine. In both cases the dongle is ignored. Could it be that the dongle has died? How do I reliably test it and can I obtain a new one to see if that fixes the problem?

Any helpful suggestions gratefully received …

Eric

Well, you can do the pairing process also using a Windows 10 system. Afaics, you’ve already done the right steps. Retry the pairing process inserting the dongle into the USB port of the Windows 10 system instead of the Vero, there is also a general wiki thread. If the pairing is successful, the remote LED will finally flash three times.

If you did not purchase the remote control with the Vero within the last 12 months but before and you want to keep using this kind of remote, you can buy a new one in the shop, see the link on top of this web page.
If you have bought it within the last 12 months you should open a support ticket, see “My Account” on top and follow the support request procedure.

Thanks for your reply, but

I have tried inserting the usb dongle into a MacBook pro and a Windows 10 machine. In both cases the dongle is ignored. Could it be that the dongle has died?

Inserting any other USB device into my Windows machine causes a pop up alert telling me something was inserted, recognised and loaded. Nothing happens with the vero RF receiver, indicating to me that it is defective.

The remote is older than 12 months, but I don’t really want to chuck into landfill and buy another when I feel that it is the USB RF receiver that is most likely at fault. Can I buy a new USB dongle without shelling out for a new remote?

Hate to be that person – but was it with a new battery?
When the remote doesn’t work – can you upload some logs via My OSMC and send me the URL? This should let us see if the issue is indeed caused by the receiver.

I can ship you one for free if we still manufacture that dongle. We added a low battery warning indicator to the remote which means we updated the design and dongle to reflect that. If you let me know your order number, I can check.

Hate to be that person – but was it with a new battery?

I tried two new batteries, but thanks for asking :slight_smile:

https://paste.omc.tv/kubanojoha - first time I did that … neat!

If you let me know your order number, I can check.

Order #19300 (July 30,2018)

thanks for your excellent support!

Hi - unfortunately we don’t produce this remote control dongle anymore.

We updated the remote in early 2020 to add support for low battery indication. This required an updated dongle.

Sam