Vero 4K + shipment details (08/08/18)

Order: 20003
Ordered: 2018-08-30
Dispatched: 2019-09-28
Delivered: ----in transit----- (Germany) :sob:

Generally, how long is an item is Item Leaving the UK LANGLEY HWDC status?

It depends on the destination country.
Leaving HWDC only takes 12 hours; but you wonā€™t get another public scan until it clears the customs authority of the destination country.

Cheers

Sam

We process all RMAs within 1-2 days of receipt. If we have it back, it should be out on Monday morning. Youā€™ll get an email.

Iā€™ve checked this ā€“ as the timeframe youā€™ve mentioned seems quite long.

It looks like the item was sent to Spain by mistake and should now be forwarded to Germany. You should get it this week. Iā€™ve raised an investigation with Royal Mail. I suspect it to be unremarkable however, and you to simply be united with your parcel in a few days. Iā€™ll keep you updated.

Sometimes things get sent to the wrong country. But itā€™s rare and usually promptly resolved.

Sam

1 Like

@sam_nazarko now that you have caught up with orders is the price likely to drop back to Ā£99?
I only ask because I have a friend who needs a 4K HDR device, I have advised on getting a Vero 4K+ but he is holding out for the release of the new Amazon 4K Firetvstick as Ā£119 is too rich for him.
Iā€™ve tried to explain the pitfalls associated with this new device compared to the perfect 4K+ but price is a sticking point.
I think for my friend and probably many other more casual users that original sub Ā£100 price (I know it was only one pound below it) may secure you more sales.

Hi,

I understand that Ā£99 is a sweet spot from a psychological perspective. We could just about do it with Vero 4K, but with Vero 4K + itā€™s not a realistic price-point unfortunately.

I work hard on getting the price point as low as possible. For now thatā€™s Ā£119. Over five years of support and updates, the cost of ownership should be pretty low.

Cheers,

Sam

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I fully understand your cost issues.
The stupid thing is when you add in the cost of adapters my friend will need to get 4K streaming working then this new 4K firestick is not going to be too far short of Ā£100 anyway with no guarantee Kodi will work correctly with HDR, framerates etc on it when I have offered him a guaranteed working solution for not much more,
but the Ā£119 is a sticking point for my (cheapskate) friend, I guess heā€™s not alone in that opinion.
Thinking aloud now but it may be a good thing the price puts people like this off, my friend would have my ā€œtechā€ support, many others wouldnā€™t have a resource to rely on so your forums may get swamped with many needy new users.

Thatā€™s a shame. Unfortunately it can be hard to change peopleā€™s mindsets and get them to spend slightly more as an initial outlay.

Itā€™s a race to the bottom re. price point with some devices. This isnā€™t something weā€™re interested in; because weā€™d have to compromise somewhere (quality; support or materials).

Sam

Hey Sam,

Any chance on an update for Order #20736 please? Ordered early yesterday and itā€™s still showing ā€˜Processingā€™.

Thanks!

Should go out shortly. You will receive an email when it ships

Sam

1 Like

Great, thanks Sam.

Order #20465
Placed: 2018/09/29
Shipped: 2018/10/8

bleh. No tracking number updates on either the Royal Mail or the Canada Post website.

Canada Post can be slow for sorting Tracked and Signed items. I believe this is because they have a very low de-minimis (just Ā£10). Anything over this value therefore triggers a customs clearance process.

Still nothingā€¦
10th of October RMA was delivered.
Now 7 days later still no confirmation and no new Vero 4k+ send nor delivered.
I really hope/expect that I get the new one Friday (meaning you ship a new working Vero 4K+ today with priority).
This is taking to long!!

Order #20764 placed yesterday (16/10) still on ā€œprocessingā€. Could I have more information concerning the timetable, please?
Thanks in advance.

Just cleared and will pick up in a little bit.

Order placed on 1st October and Vero is at my house :smile:
What an incredible piece
Playing 4K and HDR content pass through audio with transcode to Dolby 5.1
Everything works smooth and nice
I have to try with SMB server but I canā€™t be happier
Thanks Sam

1 Like

Hi,

It depends on time of order, but some shipments are shipped a day later if they are after the cut off period. Because of some API abuse re. shipping (customers constantly refreshing); we post the tracking numbers after the orders have been scanned in to the delivery network for 24 hours now.

Sam

Sorry to hear we havenā€™t met your expectations.

We received your unit 3 days ago. We couldnā€™t find any issue with it, which is why we took longer to test it. It would not be good to send you another unit which causes you issues.

Nonetheless, we have already shipped you a brand new replacement unit and apologise for inconvenience caused. We hope the new unit serves you better.

Currently we are fulfilling any RMAs within 2-3 working days.
I have shipped your order on an express service with urgent priority.

Sam