Vero 4k struggling to buffer files

On the latest OSMC version (and previous) I play certain files locally from an attached powered HDD. At a certain point the video will stop playing and will attempt to buffer while one of the CPU cores maxes out at 100%. I have to stop playback since the buffering never completes.

Attached are logs, but not with a restart after enabling (just a normal boot and enabling), since every time I enable logs and reboot, the exact same files play flawlessly and I cannot reproduce the issue.

https://paste.osmc.tv/jivohecozu

I can link media info about the files on request, but I can no longer find the wiki-page detailing the program to use (if someone can be so kind as to link me).

EDIT1: Just saw this thread; Recent Update Causes 1080p Stutter/Crash

There are no updates when running from MyOSMC. I will try SSH.

EDIT2: SSH update using sudo apt-get -f install doesn’t install or update any packages;

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.

Can you copy the file to another source and try and play from there?

How is the external drive powered?

Its a 3.5" HDD powered from the mains via a surge protected multi-socket. I will try copying a file to a pen drive and playing it later and update this thread.

Currently I have only experienced this on this series, so could be something particular to these encoded files.