Vero 4K - Unable to create Widgets - Menus navigation broken

Just performed a clean install of OSMC on Vero 4K+. Mounted my fileshare via /etc/fstab (same as before clean install).

Pointed OSMC at my media, and all is looking great. However, if I go into menu customisation and widgets I’m stuck on “random movie”.

If I click on Add, new item appears. If I click on Widget the new window opens but I can’t do anything on the new screen.

I’m sure you would be able to browse other widgets, creating a smart playlist etc… but its just seemingly stuck :roll_eyes:

Want the widget to show recently added, unwatched movies .

If I can assume your running the OSMC skin then have you read through this…

My issue isn’t “I don’t understand the process”, my issue is “the navigation is broken”. I can get so far into the menu system to “Add a new widget”, but then the menu system is completely frozen. I can’t physically make a change once into the edit.

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
sudo apt-get install --reinstall mediacenter-skin-osmc
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

This seems to have fixed it, I can now browse the menus - will see how it fairs. Strange for a brand new install from disk image (image was verified).

Menus briefly worked, now broken again. :upside_down_face:

Using the default Kodi skin. All seems good so far - feels like somethings broken in the default osmc skin.

Might be one for @chillbo to advise.

This should be fixed in our staging repo - it’s a bug I unfortunately overlooked for our last update. If you’d like to test: