Vero 4k video freeze for 3-5 seconds on last frame after a pause that was longer than 10 seconds

I just ripped movie via makemkv (Taken, 2008) from a bluray and it immediately produces the problem. So we probably can rule out any problems related to whatever tool ist used for ripping/remuxing. This has to be a problem in the video driver or something like that.

1 Like

Just as an info to the osmc devs: The problem is gone if I disable hardware acceleration (which of course is no solution). So it has to be something about the video drivers or something related to that. This problem occurred multiple times in the past with Kodi and combination with some video drivers (mostly amlogic), so maybe the osmc devs could reach out to the Kodi team.

I say this because you can stop saying it is either a user addon or a user settings. Users did what they could, sent logs and I still could send you a file. But the problem is not with us.

2 Likes

It happens to me with Blu-Ray rips edited with mkvtoolnix (to remove unneeded audio tracks).

One thing that’s confusing to me is that this issue only started happening with Vero 4K units after the Leia update, but the issue had apparently been reported on XBMC/Kodi forums as far back as a couple years ago. How is that possible?

Nobody said it was. We can reproduce this and are working on a fix.

2 Likes

That’s the first I’ve heard that you’ve been able to reproduce it. Good! Yay!

Honestly?

Because we fixed it, forgot it was broken in Kodi and dropped the fix.

Sam

4 Likes

@grahamh: Thx mate, good to know the team is able to reproduce the issue.

Are all these issues reported or PR’ed back to kodi upstream?

Normally this issue wouldn’t be as annoying as it is because I don’t tend to pause shows or movies that often (again, just speaking from personal experience).

However, I just acquired a puppy last month and he’s always up to something so I have to pause and check on him every so often. So this bug drives me bonkers. :rofl:

No – because Kodi are removing AMLogic support in the next release.

Sam

@WilliamG: I do pause them for subtitles search alot (auto pause), so I guess it is no surprise I was the first to stumble upon the issue. I am not a native English speaker but prefer to watch content in English over the dreadful dubbed German versions.

Is a solution now in sight? That would be awesome.

close, I think, but no guarantees.

Almost there.

1 Like

Can’t wait. Truly. Make it happen! :heart_eyes:

Thanks Sam :slight_smile: Can‘t wait for it :slight_smile:

yes, a solition would be fine - same Problem at mine

Will this cause problems for the Vero? What are you anticipating?

No, see this post

Just another “me too” on this, looking forward to a solution. I pause quite a lot, I tend to leave the Vero on pause when I switch everything else off so I get it all the time :slight_smile:

I also sometimes get stuttery video after a pause or chapter skip - a quick pause unpause sorts it out. This is new behaviour for Kodi 18