Vero crashes when viewing pictures

Update

I’ve updated my system using the May release but the problem remains. I’ve tried several things to identify the issue.

• Created a new folder and copied different files from the same collection to it. I only copied 2 files so it’s definitely not the number of files in the folder. I called the folder A1 and the files 1.jpg and 2.jpg to ensure it wasn’t a file length or naming issue.
  • Copied the same folder from my USB HD to the Vero home/pictures/ location to ensure it wasn’t a disc error.

In all cases I get the same failure. I can view every image in a collection if I exit back to the thumbnails screen before selecting the next image but as soon as I try to move directly from one full screen image to the next, the system freezes, black screens and reboots. The effect appears to be immediate as nothing ever gets written to the log files.

I browsed through several of my previous image collections to check if the issue was caused when I uploaded this new collection. Interestingly I’ve found that several of my old collections still function correctly but several which used to work OK are now failing as above. I can’t find any common theme, file size, file type, meta data. Nothing stands out.

I’m all out of ideas. So any suggestions would be very welcome.