Vero losing connection needing reboot to fix

My Vero has been losing connection to my NAS for the past couple of months when left on standby. Rebooting fixes the issue, then it will play fine.

I’ve recently changed to mount my shares using autofs but that didn’t help.

One thing I have noticed is that when I reboot and you see all the command lines scrolling up, there’s a couple of red lines but they’re gone before I can read them, are they logged anywhere?

Has anyone got any recommendation to try. I’m not sure how to create a debug log for this as rebooting fixes the issue.

Providing logs may expose any configuration issues regardless of the network currently working at the time of creation. You should start there.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

Is the Vero reachable via SSH when you lost the connection to the NAS?

You can activate persistent kernel logs via

sudo mkdir /var/log/journal
sudo systemctl restart systemd-journald
1 Like

Thanks, i’ll turn logging on then and upload when it occurs again

Not tried, will do next time it happens.

Does anyone know this, i’m curious as to what the error is on startup

Yes, they will be in our standard provided log set.

Ah right, here’s a debug log then after a reboot, i’ll do another when the issue occurs

https://paste.osmc.tv/wepawexaca

Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-Movies.automount: Refusing to start, unit to trigger not loaded.
Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to set up automount mnt-Movies.automount.
Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: Reached target Swap.
Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: Listening on Journal Socket.
Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-ShareFolder.automount: Refusing to start, unit to trigger not loaded.
Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to set up automount mnt-ShareFolder.automount.
Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-KidsMovies.automount: Refusing to start, unit to trigger not loaded.
Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to set up automount mnt-KidsMovies.automount.

You appear to have attempted to configure systemd mounts at some point during your journey which are failing? You should remove these failing configs.

Yeah that’s right, I thought i’d removed the files I created. Do you know what I need to run to remove them?

No, follow the instructions you followed while attempting to configure them and remove any files you created then.

1 Like

Fixed that, no errors on startup now
https://paste.osmc.tv/uqejivijaz

I’ll keep debugging on until the Vero loses connection again and post a log then

1 Like

Just a FYI. You were seeing these messages in your log:

Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: mnt-Movies.automount: Refusing to start, unit to trigger not loaded.
Feb 16 15:06:30 osmc systemd[1]: Failed to set up automount mnt-Movies.automount.

because the network didn’t come up until 5 seconds later:

Feb 16 15:06:35 osmc systemd[1]: Reached target Network is Online.

But stick with autofs.

1 Like

Right, the connection lost again, the log uploader didn’t work so looks like the vero is dropping wifi connection. I copied logs to the SD card, rebooted and did grab-logs -A, was that correct?

https://paste.osmc.tv/kojuhabela

Well this gives us the current Kernel Log and the previous Kodi.log. From that I couldn’t see any connection issues. Which means you would now get one from the older Kernel log (before reload) see below for instructions.
One other question, do you have a VPN installed?

7.a) login via SSH and invoke
sudo journalctl --list-boots --no-pager
7.b) the lines start with an index id like 0, -1, -2, etc. and contain the date and time when log was started
8. upload the appropriate kernel log using
sudo journalctl -k -b <identified index> --no-pager|paste-log
(replace <identified index> with the real index id, see above)
9. also, upload the appropriate full log using
sudo journalctl -b <identified index> --no-pager|paste-log
(replace <identified index> with the real index id, see above)
10. provide the returned URLs here

1 Like

No VPN installed.

Here are the logs
https://paste.osmc.tv/ipefokidep
https://paste.osmc.tv/tukozahuqe

This looks like the same time frame that is already in the previous upload, you would need to take the version before.

That was the only line when I did 7a above.

Can I upload from the logs I saved to SD card?

Did you enabled persistent logs as I advised?

Yes, can upload them with paste-log <filename>

1 Like

Ah no, will do that now and paste the correct logs tomorrow

I had this issue. NAS shared folder being lost.

I rectified this by locating the NFS privileges section under Access Control (on the NAS)
and setting the following:
client address: *
Privilege: Read & Write
Root Mapping: Admin (999)

This was for ASUSTOR and QNAP NAS

Hope this helps

1 Like