Vero losing connection needing reboot to fix

Might have been the same release that broke mine, I’ve just been living with it tbh, a reboot isn’t a big deal. I have a 4K+ that I haven’t used yet so will set that up to replace the ‘broken’ 4K then do a reinstall when it’s needed.

That thread is from May/June 2019, are really expierencing the issue that long but only report now?
As mentioned when connected to the UniFi check the UniFi looks that will tell you if the client initiate the disconnect or the Wifi AP.
Also if you continue with your current setup without troubleshooting I suggest to disable the persistent logging again otherwise you run out of space one day.

11.a) login via SSH
11.b )cd /var/log
11.c) sudo rm -R -f journal && sudo reboot

1 Like

It was a bit later in the year but I may have installed that update late. At first it was only occurring about once a week but now seems to be everyday.

For what it’s worth: there’s an update to the WiFi driver in our 4.9 kernel which may yield some improvements here.

Sam

Is that in the next release?

I realised earlier that i’d not tested on my Unifi AP properly, i’d connected to the AP but didn’t ‘forget’ the old SkyQ AP. It was still using the old AP, presumably as the signal was better (Vero is next to the SkyQ box). So will see tomorrow if the Unifi AP is okay.

It’s currently included in the 4.9 kernel so will be delivered when 4.9 is deemed stable enough.

1 Like

Having two wifi devices in very close proximity, especially an access point, is often problematic. Too close can cause just as many problems as being too far away.

What are you meant to do then? I have a TV, SkyQ STB, Switch, Vero, Wii all in a sq metre, do you suggest I space them out :smile:

Optimally everything would be hard wired :smile:

Having multiple wifi client devices close together is not ideal but the bigger issue is wireless routers and access points. If you can seperate those from the devices they connect to you will generally get a much better connection. For example I have a fireTV stick plugged into my AVR below my TV. There is a Unifi AP seven feet up attached to the ceiling. If I turn on the wifi in the TV sitting between the two my signal on the FireTV gets so bad it pushes itself off 5ghz and connects to another Unifi AP using 2.4ghz through a wall 40 ft away.

Not sure if you’re UK or not, but SkyQ STB are all in one TV mesh units, hence why it’s near the TV. My main AP is currently in the garage.

My Unifi AP will be in the hallway when it’s installed correctly, which should be next weekend, if I have some free time!

All seems to be fine on the Unifi AP :+1:

1 Like