Vero ship date?

Hi everyone,

Time for an update: I’m glad at long last we’ve finally got a Release Candidate out. I didn’t reply until now because I was working hard with the team to make sure the first few packages got out (thanks to Royal Mail for doing Saturday collections). We didn’t get out as many as I’d like but I’m glad we’re finally shipping and we made the target to ship the week we finally said we would.

A few of you will now see ‘Shipped’. That will become a tracking number on early Monday morning once it starts moving through the postal service. We may be in RC for the OSMC project overall but all Vero builds will smoothly upgrade, so we’ve started to get the hardware in peoples hands.

Some of you have been asking for some high-res photos or a video of Vero. I don’t have time to do a demo just yet, but I thought I’d show you a few things to keep some your minds at ease.

Here’s one on my desk. Having a white desk is purely a coincidence, but it does make the Vero look rather nice

Here are a layer of SD cards. They’re all SanDisk Class 10 Ultra, and they promise the very best of 4K read and write speeds. You can have a read here if you’d like to know why that’s quite so important.

Here are one or two remotes as well ;). We’re keen to reclaim office space as soon as we can (to get the next batch in of course!). You can have a read here about why the OSMC remote is so well matched for Kodi.

Next, we have a few Veros too!

And lastly, this is the bottom of our production ready Vero in my hands.

I did say I wasn’t the one to take high-res photos!

Best

Sam

7 Likes