Vero ship date?

I just read this whole thread and here is what I see so far.

Too many promises not kept.
Too many investors not yet getting a return on their investment.
Excuses from the developers as to the problems and failures to produce.

To quote:
I appreciate everyone’s patience. And I will be frank here in respect to that. I could have shipped a buggy device a month and a half ago. I don’t want that. People have bought a Vero for a reason: it’s a cut above other products and they want something that just works. If anyone is unhappy they’re more than welcome to a refund. But for those that can hold on until everything is ready, and I suspect we are just days away, they won’t be disappointed.

I won’t ship a pile of shit to keep a few people happy. But I won’t hold your money back either. It’s not Kickstarter. There’s real accountability here. If you want your money back at any time, just say.

To those of you who are complaining ask for your refund and go buy a Cubox TV running Android and load Kodi on it.

I started the whole Cubox vs Vero thread so if you want twice the processor and memory go buy a Cubox TV.
If you want to pay more for a specific software to run on specific hardware then wait on the Vero.

Make a choice and quit bitching about something you cannot do yourself.

2 Likes

Twice the processor?

Having 4 cores doesnt make something automatically twice as powerful as something with two cores.

4 Likes

I think we would all feel a lot better if we were told that the first batch of Vero devices are being disbatched this weekend, or at least see some photos/video of it in action.

To constantly keep telling customers to quit complaining or get a refund, is hardly going to make the device the success we all want it to be.

The CuBoxTV has the same amount of memory, not twice as much. I’m not sure how you’d quantify CPU performance as double, particularly as Android has a lot of overhead associated with it (and I don’t believe – any hardware video acceleration for i.MX6 at all).

I don’t think that’s fair at all. If you read above: one person was saying that they wished they had their money back. I was merely saying that they were completely entitled to it back. I haven’t told anyone to stop complaining and I appreciate everyone’s patience

S

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Time for an update: I’m glad at long last we’ve finally got a Release Candidate out. I didn’t reply until now because I was working hard with the team to make sure the first few packages got out (thanks to Royal Mail for doing Saturday collections). We didn’t get out as many as I’d like but I’m glad we’re finally shipping and we made the target to ship the week we finally said we would.

A few of you will now see ‘Shipped’. That will become a tracking number on early Monday morning once it starts moving through the postal service. We may be in RC for the OSMC project overall but all Vero builds will smoothly upgrade, so we’ve started to get the hardware in peoples hands.

Some of you have been asking for some high-res photos or a video of Vero. I don’t have time to do a demo just yet, but I thought I’d show you a few things to keep some your minds at ease.

Here’s one on my desk. Having a white desk is purely a coincidence, but it does make the Vero look rather nice

Here are a layer of SD cards. They’re all SanDisk Class 10 Ultra, and they promise the very best of 4K read and write speeds. You can have a read here if you’d like to know why that’s quite so important.

Here are one or two remotes as well ;). We’re keen to reclaim office space as soon as we can (to get the next batch in of course!). You can have a read here about why the OSMC remote is so well matched for Kodi.

Next, we have a few Veros too!

And lastly, this is the bottom of our production ready Vero in my hands.

I did say I wasn’t the one to take high-res photos!

Best

Sam

7 Likes

Yes!!!

Post redacted for diplomatic reasons.

No, I was trying to delete it , oh my , I’m not a hater

Righty right, have fun!

Sam, you rock!

Really nice to see some ‘real’ pictures of all the devices :smiley:

1 Like

Superb!

Such a shame this was the first place to hear about it and get to see some photos.
I thought we buyers were supposed to have priority on any information given at http://progress.getvero.tv/

We have instead been working hard to make sure the buyers actually get the device as soon as possible!

Sam

People just find anything to keep bitching around… omg! :astonished:

3 Likes

Congratulations on getting the first batch out! Keep up the good work :slight_smile: Vero is looking good!

1 Like

It’s great to hear the Vero is finally shipping.
Sam, can you tell us how you will go on shipping?
Will it be on a daily basis or are you going to ship in batches weekly?

1 Like

@Theetjuh. And that’s all you do Theetjuh; bitch about others who have something genuine to bitch about.

What’s the caption on http://progress.getvero.tv/

Vero News

Stay up to date with the latest Vero developments as they happen!

=================================================================
I rest my case :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been checking my Vero status every day this week - I can’t wait for it to say “shipped” instead of processing…

Cheers,
Ian

Hi there,

I’ve requested an order cancellation and refund last Saturday and haven’t heard back yet.
What is the address for cancellations? Maybe I used the wrong one.

Thanks,
Ben