Vero V missing keypresses & pairing other osmc remote

For those affected I will be offering a discount on additional models as a thanks for their support and patience.

We received the dongles today, I’ll put systems in place by the end of the week

Cheers
Sam

3 Likes

This is exciting news!

I’m also affected by this issue - looking forward to the solution

I am also affected. Basically can’t use USB3 for anything. USB3 support was was one of the reasons why I upgraded from 4K+.

If I connect anything to USB3, even small USB hub on very long cable, the interference is there.
Old Vero 4K+ remote works without dropouts, but it is also somehow slower than the Vero V remote.
I am sitting not farther than 2 meters from Vero V, direct line of sight.

Now I have connected USB hub on long cable to USB2 port, nothing in USB3 and it is somehow working, but still ignoring clicks once in a while. So the new remote albeit being faster responding than previous one, its sensitivity is not ideal. It must be caused by the fact the receiver is mounted on the board and therefore very close to the USB3.

I bought from a reseller.

I don’t know why an earlier model remote should seem “slower” but I would suggest that for the time being if you just plug your USB 3 hub directly into the blue port and plug a USB extension cable into the black port and route that over to the opposite side of the Vero V and plug your older model dongle into the end of that then this should rectify the issue.

Yes, current workaround is not using USB3 and having HUB on USB2.

Regarding the slowness of old remote, yes it is noticeably slower reacting, its refresh rate (or sampling time) seems to be like 500ms or so, just tested the remotes side by side on Vero V.

With old remote, if you have a long list of items in Kodi, no matter how fast you click, there are no more than 2 cursor movements within 1 second. Any extra clicks than 2 in a second are thrown away.

With new remote, you can skip multiple lines in a second, depends on how fast you click, sampling is below 100ms or so (I am just guessing here). In this regard, the new remote is a huge improvement in the responsiveness.

Have you tried a new battery in that old remote? The speed at which it is able to send out key presses should be the same as what your seeing with the newer model remote.

I wonder if we have a repeat filter installed for the older remote (used to stop duplicate presses) that we forgot to enable for the new VID/PID on the new remote, so the older remote has the appearance of behaving slower

I would have thought we’d had other reports by now if that was the case. I think we are only constrained currently by evrepeat and that is operating globally. I only have 1689 and 1690 remotes so I have no way of testing myself.

Have you done this test with the old remote connected to the Vero V?

Not forgotten to put this up – just fiddling with the website so a replacement dongle can be added but it doesn’t levy shipping charges.

3 Likes

Yes, new batteries in both remotes. And I also tried to swap them.

That is actually how it looks like, like some filter, because it is very precise timing.

Yes, of course.

I also have the missing keypresses issue and “~5 sec lockout” issue with both of the Vero V I got from pishop.us several months ago. I’ve tried new batteries, have no USB3 (or any USB) devices attached, and am no more than 2m away. As others have stated, I also didn’t want to clutter the thread before…

My 2 cents re Remote…My V arrived on the 29th Jan. Up and running the following day. In my old 4+ I had a USB 3 to Gigabet Ethernet Adaptor fitted.

When I fired up the V, I had the Adaptor slotted into the V’s USB 3. The new V remote was behaving very poorly and I thought it was faulty. After reading the Forum here about the USB interference, I removed the Adaptor and went with the Lan cable direct. Remote now works flawlessly.

So far, the V has worked pretty much perfectly. Certainly quicker than the 4+. My 4+ was still working fine but the call of the new V was too strong. Thanks Sam. Good luck with your enterprise.

Regards Cazzesman

4 Likes

Where can I get the dongle for my affected V system? Thank You

With thanks to Sam I have just received two new dongles for my two Vero-V’s which I acquired back last August 2023.

If you look at my previous posts in this thread, my problem was simply that my Vero-V was consistently missing remote key strokes with my setup, which didn’t involve USB3 connections but there was/is some 2.4 GHz mesh wifi nearby.

In the interim, I have been using the OSMC remote & dongle from my Vero 4K+, which resolved the problem with missing keypresses.

I have now plugged in one of the new dongles into the USB2.0 socket on my Vero-V and paired that with the remote that came with the Vero-V. I have ‘tested’ it for a good half hour. This test was not a formal multiple use case scenario type test, but rather just representative of my usage and the every day locations of the remote around the room. I should also add that before changing over to the new dongle, I performed a complete update of the OSMC software, as of today.

I can therefore report with confidence that this new dongle (and software update?) has resolved my missing keypress issues. I really am not seeing them anymore as I did previously.

Thank you Sam & team !!

5 Likes

That’s great news, looking forward to it being available.

1 Like

Many thanks to UK testers while we adjusted our international customs and paperwork to (hopefully) facilitate frictionless delivery of replacement dongles.

I will post very shortly to provide a resolution for others.

2 Likes