Vero V Problems with HDR10+ content

Hi again :slight_smile:

I updated couple of days ago to the latest version and hoped, this would fix those HDR10+ content issues I already mentioned on a different thread.
But just right now it starts again… its not the Wifi bug, my Vero is LAN connected. But it looks the same pretty much :slight_smile:

Only when I play HDR10+ content, sometimes, not in every movie/tv episode, not at the same timestamp etc, the playback stops and the image freezes. Vero is no longer accessible via SSH or in any other way. Only thing I can do is pull the power and cold boot it again :confused:

Some examples are The Boys Season 4 or currently LOTR Rings of Power Season 2.

As I said, it happens randomly, sometimes I can watch 2 or 3 episodes, then in the 4th it may crash two times in a single episode. I couldnt make out a pattern yet.

I also had running debug logs on v20, but once the image freezes, nothing more gets logged :confused:

Does anybody else experience this beviour or is it only me?

I don’t but my HDR10+ collection is limited to test clips.

Is your TV HDR10+ capable? If it is, can you try turning off HDR10+ output with Settings->Display->Manually set HDR support? I think setting HDR10 only or HDR10+HLG will achieve that.

That may narrow down where the freeze is happening.

Hm dont understand, you want me to disable HDR10+/HLG suppprt and do a fallback to HDR10 only?

My TV is a projector Epson LS12000, which can deal with HDR10/HDR10+/HLG.

Turning off HDR10+ support - just as a test - would stop vero reading the HDR10+ metadata and formatting it for HDMI output. If that gets rid of the freezes we would know better where to look for answers in the code.

Ah ok, i see. Can test some HDR10+ files in fallback mode, may take some time, but Ill get back here :wink:

Edit: projector lets me force it only in HDR10/HDR10+, Auto, HLG or SDR. I cant force it only in HDR10…

I was suggesting you restrict to HDR10 in Vero’s settings

Ah ok… :slight_smile:

Hm even if I set it to HDR10 only, it still seem to put out HDR10+, as the projector still receives it as HDR10+.
Anything I can do against it?

Did it work before (in September)?

Just started testing again, was not able to do it earlier.

Understood. We might need to check that setting to make sure it’s working as expected. In the interim, can you upload a log so we can check it’s set properly and see why it may not be working.

Yip sure, normal log enough or debug log?

debug, please

Hope its a debug log, debug logging disabled itself after rebooting, new feature? :slight_smile:

https://paste.osmc.tv/yaxuwemowu

Apologies. Those manual HDR options only seem to add capabilities where there are none. They don’t remove capabilities that are in the EDID. Maybe we should change that. But it means you can’t easily turn off HDR10+ from Vero.

No. Probably just that pesky thing where Kodi doesn’t seem to save some settings on exit. Your log doesn’t show any debug messages.

Hm ok, now it should fit… tried to wait until CPU load was pretty low after rebooting, took some minutes (maybe epg grabber).
Now in idle it is around 20-30%, normal?

I started a HDR10+ movie and stopped it, then logs were uploaded:

https://paste.osmc.tv/besevoriji

Edit: and since I did this debug reboots, I no longer have UI sounds :frowning: They are enabled, disable/enable doesnt fix it. Sound during tv/movies works like a charme, never had such a strange issue like this before… ;(

Edit2: ok pulled cables, rebooted, now UI sound works again, weird, reboot of Vero and power off/on of AVR wasnt enough it seems :slight_smile:

Found something in the logs?

I will check shortly.

Ok thanks… that sound issue I experienced after debug log extraction persists… just rebooted the Vero and UI sounds are gone again :frowning:

Can only fix it with unplugging cables OR I found out I can start watching TV, once I stop TV, UI sounds are back… :rofl:

You seem to have a few plugins that are throwing out a load of messages. Could you try disabling all that aren’t essential, re-boot and see if it’s better? Then re-enable them one by one in case it’s one of those that’s the problem.