Vero V Remote STILL Missing Button Presses

I’m glad to hear you enjoy the new device, and I want you to have the best experience possible.
I’m confident we can solve things for you.

I don’t twist anything. I think if you are trying to change HDMI cables to see if there is an improvement you may not be aware of the issue that was actually ongoing. It has nothing to do with this.

The full story is here: Vero V missing keypresses & pairing other osmc remote. Not redacted and not censored.

Your device won’t have the improved dongle given your order number. So we are happy to send you a new dongle and I have outlined how to do this via PM.

But keep in mind that I am not necessarily convinced this is going to solve your problem…
As you’ve had the product for over three months now, I am surprised you only bring it up now. When did you become aware of the issue?

Sam

Nor can YOU expect us as customers to put your products directly into our electronic infrastructure at home at the same moment we receive the product in the letterbox. I received your product in December 2023, but only installed it about one week ago. If this time aspect does not harmonize with your business ideals then you should clearly inform your customers of your peculiar needs. I do not accept that you try to cast doubt on my feedback. Therefore: I will use your free solution for my problem, but will avoid this for the future at all costs!

In addition: I have been the owner of several Vero units over many years, with many problems associated with products with 3rd party suppliers which now, when upgrading to Vero V, turns out to be attributable precisely to Vero! This without me charging you and Vero for the problems, but that would be right.

You lack the ability to lie flat…which is sometimes necessary.

Quite the attitude. Listen, Sam is correct that there are LOTS of examples of non Veros with problems with interference, it is NOT specific to Vero. If you educated yourself on the issue you would understand better how to remove or mitigate it in most circumstances. I solved my own issue when a PI 4b with interference. I solved my own issue with a different PI 4 and deskpi case, I did not blame the company in either case. I personally disagree with most of what you have posted and believe a better attitude might serve you when asking for support in general, not just here.

6 Likes

Well considering in the EU, where I expect you are from, you have 14 days to return an item if it is faulty, why would you wait such an extended length of time before even checking it works?

I have been the owner of several Vero units over many years, with many problems associated with products with 3rd party suppliers which now, when upgrading to Vero V, turns out to be attributable precisely to Vero! This without me charging you and Vero for the problems, but that would be right.

So why didn’t you come on the forum and seek help? Sam and the team bend over backwards to help users.

3 Likes

If you want to comment on my posts here, you should comment “point by point” describing what you think is wrong.

If all the world’s electronic products were of the same poor protection against interference, the world would be in total chaos.
That you react negatively to prosecution of such a mistake tells me that you have no idea.

Your general consideration could well fit in for a weather forecast.

What is it that you have not understood? I just asked for help.

I can see you have ordered a new dongle via the website free of charge.

You have also been offered a discount on any future order as have other customers who have experienced issues.

It will be promptly dispatched to you on Monday morning. My recommendation is to still follow suggestions in the guide, it is not a magic bullet.

We have improved things where we can but this is not an issue with OSMC directly. Here is a paper from Intel on the design effects of USB3 on 2.4Ghz devices: https://www.usb.org/sites/default/files/327216.pdf

Thank you for your understanding. I’m sorry you have experienced a problem but my focus since we had initial reports of this issue has to been to solve it quickly, effectively, at no cost to the customer and with as little convenience as possible.

Have you ever tried to use a WiFi router near a microwave when it’s on?

1 Like

I assume you don’t mean a wifi router placed on top of the microwave.
Then the answer is Yes; with 3 young people in the house as well as mother and father, the microwave is in use for several minutes every day.
When it comes to wifi devices connected to routers, we have 7 devices connected at all times.
In terms of interference, the house is equipped with the best available equipment to prevent it from happening.
We never experience that the signals we need die, even if we prepare food in the microwave.
What did you really mean by your question?

Microwaves will spew all over the 2.4Ghz spectrum. If you are using a 5Ghz network you won’t notice this directly.

If you are using a 2.4Ghz network you will definitely notice interruption. Most smart IoT devices are 2.4Ghz only because they are low throughput and 5Ghz is harder to punch through certain walls…

That really is it. You will find that Bluetooth and WiFi also work on that 2.4Ghz spectrum and they are also interrupted by USB3 devices

My router, a DD.WRT, handles the available frequency we want…2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. I determine most of the setting here myself, and that satisfies our use. What I’m trying to tell you is that the wifi network and the microwave here work together perfectly…whether you like it or not.

So, how do you explain that only the Vero V and its signal would be affected by a microwave…or other devices in our diverse, electronic infested home…including pre-existing USB3 devices, and who have never been subjected to interference like this?

I didn’t see a post stating that your device is affected by a microwave. Is this the case or are you presuming so?

It has been explained clearly that the USB3 interference does not exclusively affect the Vero V and I have linked you to sources above. You are ignoring this.

I don’t know what you want further: we are sending you a replacement dongle, we are advising that this may not be the be all and end all and you should follow the guide.

Do you just want to moan even after a potential solution has been presented?

2 Likes

Just because you may not have noticed, does not mean that you don’t actually experience interferences with other wireless devices. It may not be as noticeable as say an old wireless telephone when you got too close to a running microwave when your talking on the phone, but that does not mean that your wifi doesn’t start to slow down when it starts to pick up interference from a myriad of sources, microwave or otherwise.

That would actually be an apt comparison if you have a USB 3 device plugged in since any interference from that connection will be in extremely close proximity to the receiver that is trying to pick up the signals from the remote. The test to see if this is your problem is really simple; unplug any high speed device from the blue port and see if the problem goes away. If it does then the problem is 100% interference from the high frequency of the newer USB protocols. If you want to chalk that up to a flaw in the Vero V I’m not going to bother debating the point. I don’t get the impression that it would do much good. Sam had already pointed you to a very informative write-up on the subject from Intel as well as pointed you to the thread with hundreds of posts where the topic was thoroughly discussed. It sucks when things don’t “just work” out of the box but I don’t quite understand what it is that you want at this point. The issue may be able to be mitigated by using a higher quality USB cable for the device you have plugged into the USB 3 port. If that isn’t possible (re thumb drive etc.) then hanging it off a quality USB extension might. The new dongle may fully mitigate the issue with your current setup as is, and if not hanging the dongle from an extension to separate it physically from the USB 3 device/s should in all cases get the remote to operate 12+m from my testing. There are other mitigations as well as mentioned by others previously.

5 Likes

I have changed my powered USB hub, and the combination of the new hub and the new dongle, seem to have resolved my remote issues.

3 Likes

Glad to hear this.

1 Like

My original Vero V remote control works perfectly when I use the black USP port for my hard drive. Was this the test you were looking for?
When Vero V is subsequently upgraded with better protection against interference, it goes without saying that the starting point was not sufficiently considered… Neither more nor less. There are also explanations in the forum about why USB3 in the Vero V’s design is particularly susceptible to interference.

You also say something that interference can be present without you seeing any problem in the home’s electronic infrastructure… If I have interference without noticing it, then it’s not a problem, is it?
The difference between your hypothetical theory and my perceived challenges is that I have reported a completely true experience with Vero V.

You have no ability to admit, and you should be the last to declare your customers to be moaning in their feedback.
That’s your biggest problem, and one that will affect your business for the future.

You can sit back in the faith that your disciples will support you verbally in all situations.
Meanwhile, when it comes to earnings, you are dependent on a growing customer base.
You appear as a self-proclaimed genius. You are not. The world beyond you spews out offers for products that surpass yours.

That would be the test to ascertain if the problem with the remote is due to USB 3 interference. The protocol does not switch to the problematic higher frequency communication unless it is connected to a device using that protocol which allows this simple test to isolate between USB interference and interference from other sources.

Your saying the equivalent of having someone shouting in your ear and complaining that your ears are not good enough otherwise you would be able to better hear. Do you know what went into the design and what efforts that were made with testing and mitigation attempts? No, you don’t. Do you have any depth of knowledge on the subject of RF interference and mitigation techniques? Obviously not since you were switching out your HDMI cable to mitigate a USB 3 problem. I don’t claim to have any kind of expertise either, but I have done a great deal of testing which allow me to speak with some level of authority on this particular hardware. You can choose to avail yourself of my efforts to get you to a place that your hardware works well, or you can continue to pontificate out of your backside in some kind of vain attempt at retribution. I’d recommend the former, but to each their own.

That isn’t what I said at all. I said you may not have NOTICED which is not the same thing. If your wifi slows down it is going to be a lot harder to notice if your just surfing the web vs doing a large file transfer. I didn’t think the point was that hard to understand

Nobody at any point has denied that some people experience performance issues under certain circumstances with the OSMC remote. Nobody at any point denied that you were having issues with your OSMC remote. Nobody at any point has every denied that some people have issues with their Vero V’s remote. What has been said is the reason people have issues are varied and they are not all caused by some fundamental flaw in the Vero. I have a device that if I plug in with the OEM cable the remote only gets a meter of range. If I swap the cable attached to it with a better quality one that is a bit longer I can get closer to three meters. If I have the new dongle plugged in I get closer to 12 meters. So in this case clearly the OEM cable is bleeding excessive RF interference since a better cable brought massive improvements. Also the new dongle was able to improve over the early release to help mitigate some of this interference that is inherent with USB 3, and which may be excessive due to suboptimal cables and devices that users may plugged in. I’ve done many tests with many devices and many cables (as have other team members) which has informed the opinions espoused. I really don’t know what “hypothetical” your referring to. Do you think your more informed having touched the device for two minutes than someone who had been using and testing the device since before its release?

4 Likes

Any chance of a mute button so those I don’t wish to see posts from are hidden? A lot of forums have that feature.

1 Like

I can appreciate your frustration and there is no need to ship a replacement dongle if you are this dissatisfied.

Please return the device for a full refund. You can contact sales@osmc.tv to do so.

1 Like