Vero V Remote STILL Missing Button Presses

Not sure - I think you can unsubscribe from the thread and that will be good enough

@steve5
Mark the thread as ā€˜Mutedā€™

1 Like

I have set aside time to reply to you this evening regarding your reply in the thread.
The others will have to wait until I find free time, and which are worth answering.
If you absolutely want to read only those posts/replies that suit your beliefs, then you should ignore all posts where my name is involved.
Was it a decent feedback for your big problem?

I donā€™t think anyone cares about a personal reply from you, with all respect due.

You didnā€™t contact us to return the Vero V, so I have shipped you a new dongle.

Iā€™ve replaced the internal remote dongle with a new one, and currently, no other USB devices are connected, and WiFi is disabled. However, there are instances where single key presses on the remote are still ignored. This issue is less frequent than before, but it doesnā€™t seem to be as stable as the old 4K-Remote/Dongle, which never missed any key press. I can manage with this, but I thought it would be useful for you to know.
The Vero V stands freely on the cabinet and the distance to the sofa is approximately 3-4 meters.

1 Like

Have you tried another battery?

Did you re-pair the remote? The internal dongle should automatically be disabled if on a relatively recent version of OSMC; but if you didnā€™t need to re-pair it, itā€™s still using the internal receiver.

I exchanged the dongles and had to re-pair the remote to the new internal dongle.

I concurr ā€¦ (with no USB3 devices connected, but with 5GHz wifi) the new (Vero-V) dongle does perform much better than the original. However, over time I too did noticed that there are few instances where single key presses on the remote is still ignored/missed. For me, the Vero 4K+ Remote Dongle is still much more reliable, so I have swapped back to that.

As I said in this post below it might be best to move to another frequency that isnā€™t in conflict with the USB3 and Wifi fequencies, OR go back to the Vero 4K remote dongle.

Itā€™s still a great product, regardless of these issues, and the support is fantastic.

Chris.

If itā€™s only on a single press then this will be the remote being in standby and is to improve battery life, not a USB 3 issue.

This isnā€™t possible. The previous USB solution provider went bankrupt as a result of the pandemic.

Good heavens. Iā€™ve just read this thread with nilsen.toreā€™s comments. Iā€™m probably pouring petrol onto the flames, but whatā€™s he expecting, the shirt off your back? :roll_eyes:

I have received the dongle and everything works perfectly from now on.
This time too, the Vero box (this time Vero V) was not fully developed when it was released on the market, and now with a lack of shielding against interference.
This is ruled by amateurs who love to call themselves top developers

For me, this was the perfect opportunity to point out osmcā€™s arrogance. Osmc has advertised for, sold and made money from a product that is far from fully developed.
You (osmc) have based 80% of the development on error messages from customers, and who have to make precious sacrifices for troubleshooting in dialogue with osmc instead of using the product as intended.

When we buy a TV, for example, we donā€™t expect to have to write letters to Samsung every damn day about problems with the product.
This is the reality surrounding osmc and Vero, and this is the arrogance in osmcā€™s name!

My previous Vero versions have been infected with countless weaknesses, including inexplicable network errors, and where I see in the forum that many users have had the same error.
However, from osmcā€™s side, the errors have been attributed to the user and the use of third-party programs/devices involved.
What the hell is a Vero unit supposed to be used for if it canā€™t be connected to a third party operating system?
Amateurs!

I donā€™t know what you drink at night, but Iā€™d love a double to deal with the bollocks you write sometimes.

You complain about the product but you keep buying it. The issue you experienced has been solved and you keep complaining about it.

4 Likes

You answer at the level of a businessman you are. You donā€™t give a damn about the technical matters as long as you can attack the customers personally.
That is your business, and from which you hope to make a living in the future.

It will only be your challenge as there are countless products compared to yours that work ā€œout of the boxā€.
Youā€™re acting like a spoiled brat, and should probably have a chat with an adultā€¦

You reported a problem, we solved it as promptly as we could with clear communication at no cost to you.

Not sure what more you want.

I could not see any posts from you about network issues since you opened your account nor any support ticket regarding the matter.

3 Likes

Why would you absolutely see me as yet another customer complaining about network issues when I read about other customers getting your idiotic feedback with no resolution?

Iā€™m going to end things here as youā€™re repeatedly editing your posts, some of which youā€™re calling me an arsehole. I have a thick skin so donā€™t really care, but itā€™s important to be courteous on this forum for all audiences.

Iā€™m not a mind reader. I canā€™t advise on networking issues if Iā€™m not made aware of them. If you make us aware of a problem, it will probably get solved.

Your post history shows only two problems reported:

This issue (remote issue) and an issue where only 720p resolution was available for you. Both have been solved.

If you encounter any problem in the future you can post here and we will do our best to resolve any issue promptly. But you should be polite and respectful.

We donā€™t hide any issues on this forum and always address them in full. This can scare some users who see lots of threads or logs being uploaded, but thatā€™s because we operate transparently. I suspect if you had an issue with your Samsung display you would be sending them private correspondence instead of what most users choose to do, which is to open a forum post outlining the issue.

I have nothing further to add as the problem you have reported is resolved by your own admission.

Take care ā€” life is too short to argue.

3 Likes

Youā€™re sneaking around my technical points ā€¦and donā€™t have the balls to stand up like a man!

You can also explain to the world why you reacted to my criticism of osmc/Vero at an early stage in the dialogue here by accusing me of being a ā€œmoaning customerā€.
I can promise you one thing: You will get what you deserve whether you lie on your back or not!

Where have I published the claim you mention above? Do you have no limits on how to beautify your ego?

Everyone (not just moderators) can see your post history by clicking the pencil icon next to your post here: Vero V Remote STILL Missing Button Presses - #60 by nilsen.tore.

I donā€™t understand why you are still posting here when your issue is solved. You are asking us to pay technical attention to issues but you are not reporting any technical issues.

Letā€™s leave this thread to anyone that may experience a remote press issue to get support. It would be a disservice for your commentary to get in the way of other users getting a resolution.

4 Likes

Ah, I get it. OK, it looks like you want to be banned from the forum.

Iā€™m happy to process that for you, if you like. Some people really want to be banned, but feel silly just coming out and asking for it.

I understand. No need to feel silly. Let me know and I will process it as soon as I can.

10 Likes